Wednesday, December 31, 2008

great year and happy new year

Tonight is New Years Eve, although I cant believe it because I don't feel as nearly hyped up about it as years past. I am excited nonetheless. 2008 has been good to me, and I am eager with excitement to see what 2009 brings

I have been very blessed this year with more things that i can recount on one post, but of the many here is a short list of the wonderful things that happened in 2008.

  • Matt bought his first house (which will soon be OUR house)
  • Went on a great beach vacation/cruise with great friends in the summer
  • Travelled to Europe with Matt's family
  • All friends and family remained over all happy and healthy-- Including a new addition to a close friend's family
  • Went to lots of weddings, lots of friends and some family got married
  • Got in a little better shape, lost a little weight, continued rowing and improved
  • I have done well at work and received another promotion over the summer
  • Matt and I got engaged!!

All in all a very prosperous year filled with lots of happy memories, close friends, quality time with family and lots of love. I do consider myself very blessed for all the great people I have in my life, for their health, their support, and their love.

2009 is already looking to be a very memorable year as well.... It is the year I will get married to a wonderful man that I have no doubts in my heart about marrying. I look forward to ringing in the new year with some friends, I look forward to having another year well lived.

10-10!!!! 2009!

4 comments:

ann ominous said...

is 10-10 your proposed wedding date!? i love double numbers. Ours was 11-11. Thus we shall celebrate our 5th anniversary on 11-11-11. Is it weird that I'm excited about this? 10-10-10 would be your 1st anniversary...which of course could be read backwards as 01! 01! 01! :-)

man do i need to go home from work...i've officially gone off the deep end of looney. who the heck works on new years eve.

Heather said...

hope you had a good new years! 10/10 sounds like an awesome date! :)

EJH said...

I hope someday I too can say "I will get married to a wonderful man that I have no doubts in my heart about marrying." :) I can't wait to see you guys get married--CONGRATS again!

EJH said...

OH and I just noticed you read Dooce.com too!!!! Isn't she freaking awesome????