Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Spirit is fading?

So I am trying my hardest to remain in the holiday spirit regardless of all the things on my mind and on my To Do list that are stressing me out. It just feels like I have to much to do, somethings never work out quite right, and I just want everything to be stress-free.

I will use this post to vent, although I digress from my positive theme I do try to maintain. First things first; my car is in the shop for who knows how long and for who knows how much. Last week on a very cold night my car wouldnt start for reasons that seemed electrical. I didnt drive it the next day, but had the battery and alternator tested. I had the battery charged up and both tested GOOD and now my car is in the shop for perhaps some wiring or electrical work. FUN! O wait, it doesn't stop there, my wonderful car is about to reach 100,000 mi so i will be having the routine maintenance and that could be close to $1000 dollars when they replace the timing belt. This makes me so happy, especially when I already have a limited cash flow this month, and i HATE being without a car!!!

I still have Christmas shopping to do; I need to buy for my Best Friend, and take back some stuff already! YEs,i need to return some stuff that I realized parts were missing from. O YAY! I cant wait to stand in more lines! Not to mention i havent even BEGUN wrapping presents!! How am i supposed to get through all of this, Christmas is so soon!!

I love Matt so much but i dont think he realized he still has shopping to do, and wrapping to do, and he also is asking me to spend a few hours writing off Goodwill not to mention come to house so help him with stuff there. It's just so much, and I love him and helping him... but it's just another thing I am thinking a bout.

And lastly, I wanted to have all my old college roomates over to my apartment for dinner since it was all nicely decorated and I love it, until one of them said she "preferred to have it at her apartmen.t" So that was kind of a disappointment because I was really looking forward to it, even though I didnt push very hard for it and really havent said anything. But I am let down, and she is making lasagna which i am sick of because I have been eating left over lasagna since saturday night when I made it for Matt's family. I may just be sensitive, i dont know, but one of my roommates doesnt seem to like me very much (for no apparent reason to me) and it stresses me out. I feel like i would have so much more fun if it was at place too, I would feel a lot more comfortable because sometimes i feel like an outsider when she is around. I still haven't figured out why she doesnt like me, but it gives me high blood pressure thinking about it. She doesn't even live in the same state, but she never calls me (or returns my calls), she doesn't really extend any kind of hand my way... in fact i wasn't even a loud to bring a date to her wedding when she got married two years (and I was dating Matt at the time). O the stress and uneasy feeling right now. I need some advice on how to manage everything going through my head right now.

I know, maybe i should close with a little Bah Humbug.... i promise my next post will be much brighter.

Happy 6 days until Christmas!

1 comment:

ann ominous said...

the thing with the holidays is that when we were kids it was all magic and fun. when we are adults...we've got to figure out how to MAKE the magic and fun...so they become chores. who wants to do chores!? we want to have 'the perfect christmas' and try to make it that way rather than just appreciating the fact that even if the turkey's still raw, even if no one sees how much effort we put into decorating our houses...being together with our family and freinds is really what's perfect.

so...when you're doing that last minute shopping in the crowded mall, when you're wrapping those presents with matt...try to remember that that stuff IS christmas... it's the whole thing. it's not just the chores leading up to it :-) take a second to look around and go "oh! look at all these people...aren't they funny in their mad dash to get the perfect gift!"

that's just how i look at it i guess.

as for your old roommate...she sounds like a debbie downer. don't let her get to you. you clearly have some really great friends who love you dearly so what's it matter if one person has some weird opinion of you that probably isn't even true? i know how you feel though...some of the girls i work with are like that and i'm like..what...do i smell funny?