Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Push the negativity down

So I am feeling much more optimistic today, yesterday's post was a much needed vent session, but I didn't want the negativity to linger at the top for too long. Ergo, a new post is necessary. Although I havent worked everything out in my head, I did get the necessary support that really me put things in perspective.... major thanks to S and even Pottamus... I am moving forward and living in the holiday season before it passes.

I took the 'night off'' yesterday and stayed in the whole night. I think that is exactly what I needed. Although I wasnt as productive as I should have been, it was relaxing, moderately productive, and worry-free. I layed down for a little bit, unloaded the massive amount of clean dishes in the dishwasher, put some stuff away, and even wrapped about 50% of my gifts and put them under the tree. That made me feel a lot more organized, and all my Matt gifts that I DONT HAVE TO RETURN are all tucked under the tree so I dont have to worry about wrapping them in a sneaky way. I also ended the night with Biggest Loser Season Finale-- and it ended just the way I wanted it!! I LOVEd Michelle and I am so glad she won! I think she deserved it the most, and she was definitely the most likable!! I am happy my Tuesday nights are freed up a little, i was really hooked on that show this season. I waited all week for that, even though I watched it while pigging out on all my Christmas Candy and cookies... o the irony.

So one more day of work after today, I have friday off and it will be busy. I am getting my hair cut in the morning, hopefully returning Matt's present and finishing EVERYTHING before 12. It might even be nice to find something cute (and possibly on sale?) to wear to the SI holiday party saturday night in Cleveland. This weekend is packed with lots of driving. Then Sunday probably driving back and going to the Naylors. Monday dinner at J's with the old roommates-- but would reeeeeally like to see Seabass because shes in town hanging out that night Ice Skating with everyone, and Also P (from the cruise this summer) is having a birthday bash that night too. Three places i want to be! And then Tuesday night I think I am going to the UD basketball game, and Wednesday is CHRISTMAS EVE!!! WOoah, soooo much to do!! Not to mention i still dont have my car back, which will involve a trip to Fairfield one of these week nights hopefully. O ya, and good will write- offs? OY!

OOO the holidays..... I love thee....but gosh you keep me busy! I will be sad come January when this is all over and I will be sad taking down my tree. But I will not think ahead right now, just day by day... living in the moment.

Happy 7 days before Christmas!

2 comments:

ann ominous said...

I can't believe I'm still sick either!!! I feel totally fine other than just being a little tired in teh evenings....but the cough...oh my gosh. I sound like a 7 pack a day smoker and I've never smoked a single ciggarette!

stupid winter.

glad you're feeling better!

Tiffany said...

I was so happy Michelle won! Is she gorgeous or what?
Glad you are feeling more organized.. Christmas is a hard time of year.. lots of expectations.