Thursday, December 4, 2008

So much going on!

Wow, so much going on right now!! I am feeing SO energized, what a great feeling!!

Firsts, SITSmas was SO awesome!! I have never had that many people visit my blog!! What a cool feeling it was to see the comments just keep coming and coming, SITS deserves mad props for bringing so many people together!

Second this time of year is making me so happy, in conjunction with a lot of positive and new things happening. The two at the top of the list:

1). I am officially getting Lasik eye surgery next year. Actually, in February! I found a great doctor (referred by half of Matt's family) and i am good candidate for the procedure. AND they could have scheduled me as early as this month. I just chickened out too much so i pushed it out to February-- so far I am the only appointment that far out. But what makes it even more official is i just created a Flex account at work so i will pay pre-tax.... I am feeling nervous but excited!! 2009 is already looking up.

2) I actually paid and signed up for the Rowing winter workout studio. Yes, the first class was last night and i am TERRIFIEd! I haven't been rowing since September before it got cold, I NEVER lift weights, and i am not 'hard core' like the rest of the people in the class. But as terrified as I am, i think it will be great. It really helps that Matt is so supportive and positive about me doing this (definitely a huge bonus!). This is a positive thing, and if i lose a few pounds? EVEN BETTER! O and one more thing, there are a few younger girls my age who seemed really nice. One of which lives downtown and worked in Environmental Restoration -- like I do! Who knows, maybe ill have another rower friend next summer to take out doubles. I may even have a new good friend all together!!! I hope so!

It's a good day... and the weekend is looking up. Shopping with matt, seeing friends, sleeping in. I love it. Now time to get some work done!

2 comments:

Aunt Julie said...

Hey, I'm returning visits from the FanTAbulous Merry SITSmas Event the other day. Thanks so much for visiting, and please...come by my place to see how to Pay It Forward during this Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Heather said...

oooh lasik...my hubby had it and strongly recommends it. me...my eyes aren't that bad...only wear glasses when driving at night, watching movies or needing to see things far away...so not sure i can do it yet.

my dad found he couldn't see up close after he got it done, but i always wondered if that was because his eyes were so awful beforehand...

maybe one day i'll get there...