Wednesday, December 10, 2008

14 days (two weeks) before Christmas

On my way to get my daily cup of coffee from the coffee lady in the skywalk, I overheard her say she is getting ready for next week, the 'week before Christmas.' This christmas season just went too fast!! I am thrilled and excited Christmas is so close, but also makes me want to slow down because this is a time of year to cherish. A lot of people are in a rush and stressed these days, but the spirit of the season is just the opposite. And we need to be reminded of that, even I forget a lot. The spirit of giving, and helping, and loving. It's the little things that matter; some little things that make a difference:
- leaving a little bigger tip next time you are out to eat
- dropping money in the Salvation Army tins every time you pass one
- Wish the people you meet a happy holiday season (cashiers, waiters, strangers who hold the door for you)
- Donate, donate, donate.
-Send heartfelt Christmas cards. Don't send cards with just a to: and from: labelled inside, be sure to personalize it and make the person receiving it feel good.
- Listen, be open, and take in the season.....

Although some people are adamantly against the decorating and the buying of trees, lights, garland, symbols of Christmas because they think it has nothing to do with the holiday. I see it has everything to do with it, these decorations are reminders of what the season is meant to be. It creates a feeling and a memory for this time of year.

Merry two weeks before Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Found you by way of SITS...that is a great post...and awesome things to do to brighten the spirit of others...and be giving....

Whitney said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I totally agree with about the decorations. It's all apart of enhancing the meaning behind Christmas!

In answer to your question about the digital card question, I was Photoshop Elements(a cheaper version of Photoshop, and it has all you could ever want!) I then bought kits from ScrapArtist and opened a document and created them. I posted them on my blog a few post's back ago!

Heather said...

i personally hate the christmas cards that come with the to and from. i see no point to them. personalize it! at least say hi! hope all is well! :)