Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter Rowing?

Last week I decided to join the Rowers Winter Workout Studio. I am in way over my head!! For some ungodly reason I decided to spend way more than I bargained for on a rowing camp that I am totally not fit or prepared!! What was I thinking? Matt persuaded me to go join because he thought it would be motivational. Motivational? I could barely walk up stairs on Saturday!!

The sessions are 4 days a week for approximately 90 minutes. 90 minutes of pure torture!! The first session was Last Wednesday with introductions, stretching and personal lifting goals. I have never weight lifted. ever. So needless to say finding my max was not only challenging, painful, but terribly pitiful because I am by far the weakest in the class.

On Thursday, the first full session, I lifted the first half of the class and erged the second half. I have never felt my muscles feel like such jello in SO long!! It hurt right after, It hurt when i got home, it hurt even MORE on Friday, and Saturday i still couldn't get up and take stairs without wincing in pain. I felt like an old woman, i had to use the handicap hand rail to to the public bathrooms because my leg muscles were so soar! AND I AM PAYING FOR THIS!?!

Well, in the last couple months I have lost a little weight -- unbeknownst to me because I have neither changed my diet or started exercising since the warm weather rowing out on the water. It's actually quite amazing, I couldn't be happier, and Matt somehow convinced me that I am miraculously losing weight and yet now I am paying to be put through torture?

4 days a week; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning. Tonight is my fourth session. I hope I can walk tomorrow.

1 comment:

AndreaLeigh said...

Wow! That does sound like torture, but you will be a hot mama once it is all over and done with!