Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Random Thoughs for Random Acts

I would love to blog on this thing every day about what I am thinking, what's going on in my life, what worries me, what excites me, but often opening up a blank blog page intimidates me to the point where all thoughts just vanish. Today is definitely another one of those days. However, I do have a few things on my mind worth noting (and remembering).

I was supposed to be in New Mexico for the past two days for work but all travel plans back-fired, miserably. And long story- short is sitting in the airport, multiple cancellations, and too much hoping around for me to kill myself for a 1.5 day informational meeting. I couldn't have been more thrilled to drive home from the airport to spend the last part of my weekend with Matt, enjoy the sun, Matt's family, and be away from sitting at gates, watching the clock tick hoping i dont have any more connecting problems. The glory of it all is realizing all the difficulty that would come in my originating city and could just drive myself home.

My heart was woeful to begin with since one of my best college friends is moving away on friday. She had a party where we could spend some time with her, i know things are never the same after some big change like this. I am so happy for her, she is moving to the same city at her PERFECT boyfriend ( of 3+ years) FINALLY, starting grad school (something she has always wanted to do) and starting something new in her life and living on her own and in her own apartment. What an exciting time. Philadelphia is a really fun city, lots to do, lots to see, places to go, and just a hop, skip and a jump to a few VERY fun and exciting cities (atlantic city, new york city, and DC!). I am more than thrilled for her new start, but sad for her to leave. Of course, its purely selfish but i cant help feeling the sadness of her being a 10 hour car ride away. I know it may not be forever-- and ill still see her because her family is still in the area-- but i have to prepare myself for the change.

A lot of things are going through my head right now; Matt's mom because she gave her dog a new home, my other friend whose dad is dying, my sister, my cousin who was in the hospital this week. Life is so short. Life needs to be filled with random (or not so random) acts of kindness. It's never too later, whether you think you dont feel comfortable, you dont know th person enough, its will make you feel weird... something kind remembers none of these things. I mailed a random note to cheer someone up, a random present to make someone laugh, made some get-well phone calls to those i haven't talked to in a while, and baking some brownies for someone I appreciate it. It feels soo good. Some of them, yes, may be thankless.... but I guess I should enjoy the fact that I did something good for someone else. I am swinging my pendulum towards the positve and I believe the positivity will come back to me.

No comments: