Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Memories

It's summer time! It is my all time favorite time of the year (with the month of December the exception for Christmas)-- and for some reason the last couple of weeks I am having the hardest time finding things to do after work. For a few months I got into a really eager running routine-- running 30+ miles a week after work. That ended with matt got his new house and didnt want to take to much time after work, I was no longer getting in shape for vacation, and the weather got hot, HOT, hot!

So, I like to stay busy-- to the point where I am not stressed but motivated. I dont know what has come over me lately.... Perhaps I am busy and I am just not stopping to enjoy the pleasures of the moments. But I am just feeling a little restless right now, how can i snap out of it? Last weekend I spend doing fun things outside, going to a chuch cookout, going go goetta-fest, geo-caching (ill explain on another post), swimming, going to an icecream party, tons of random things. During the week it feels much mroe difficult to come up with some novelty. I liked to start cooking and creating new things to have for dinner-- and share with Matt-- but this week the clean-up process has seemed more drudgerous that the enjoyment of the meal. I havent cooked in almost a week a half! We went for a walk yesterday, but Matt was feeling in a slump so we only walked a couple miles and went out for Mexican food, went home, made ice-cream floats, and went to bed. It seemed uneventful, but when i look back it was nice. Every memory is worth it-- whether is it really thrilling and exciting, or just an average day.

It's really hard for me not to stop and reflect and how much things change in such a short period of time. I am watching my friends start lives with husbands, friend's have their first kids, matt's friends and family started families too. It's all so sentimental...this is the last few years of my life ill be looking for average things? It makes me nostalgic, and very excited. I reflect on my childhood.... the little things; setting the table to dinner in the summer time so i could hurry and up and eat and play again. Swimming in the public pool with my sister and best friends, racking leaves in the backyard, building snowmen, watching jeopardy on school nights with my pops before dinner. They seem simple, my my memories are so vivid and so happy.... I cant wait to create more of those moments. For my family. I cant wait to go to the park with my kids, to help them with homework, to cook mac-and cheese for lunch, to go trick-or-treating with them, to building snowman and the correct way to build snow-forts! O the nest i can create with pumpkins and witches on the windows during Halloween, Christmas decorations ALL over the house as xmas time, Easter eggs at easter, o fun and the memories yet to be created. It's the simple things I always need to constantly remind myself is what really matters.

No comments: