Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mantra

"Just let it go" should be my new mantra... for those things that continuously get under my skin. Usually the re-occurring stressors involve my so-called "friends" (just 2 of them in particular) or stupid people. The latter is easier to 'just let it go', but the friend part always seems to get at me. And i need to continuously remind myself to let it go, I cant control the situation, I've done what I can. And I can begin saving myself a LOT of heartache, stress, and unnecessary-endless conversations about my feelings with those around me because I feel to need to vent (again, again, and again). So, in the spirit of the serenity prayer, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

So, in the spirit of hte paragraph above lots of other good things going on. I hosted my LAST open row last night of the season and it was great. I did it by myself and it went flawlessly. No problems, got everyone in boats and out of boats before dark, no one crashed, no one injured, and everyone who showed up was placed in either doubles or quads. Considering I was the last on the water and a little stressed worried about all my little ducklings making their way up and down the river without problems, I managed to have a pretty good workout. I rowed with a new french rower (who works at the flavor factory and unlocked the mystery to the weird-often spoiled cheese smell-- the resonates about 10 exits up i-75). We rowed fast and hard and I feel sore today. Its a good feeling.

This weekend I have packed with tons of plans. Saturday night I am playing with J and A and going to the counting crows/maroon-5 concert! its going to be so much fun, we always have so much fun together! Sunday is the WEBN fireworks so ill have a little gathering at my house-- hopefully not too stressful given the crazy amount of people coming downtown and the complete inability to get people in/out of the elevators that day. A lot of people have plans or are going out of town so who knows how many people ill actually get to come over. On Monday is the big, BIG party at Matt's house. I am going to be doing a LOT of cooking and baking and getting lots of stuff for him with the amount of people he invited. I think if the weather is nice its going to be a HUGE success. I am most excited about that than anything- his family, our friends, his coworkers, my family, lots of people are invited and I think its going to be a pretty good turnout. The only downside to the whole thing is that I have to work the next morning.... boooo.

As for tonight I am looking forward to no plans whatsoever. I think Matt and I may go grocery shopping for the tons of stuff he needs to get for his party. We may go rollerblading though:) I dont know, we usually find fun stuff to do together on agenda-less nights.Those are the best nights. We also like to play tag around my apartment-- we chase each other around my kitchen hall- around to my living-room and back-- around and around and occasionally ill not know where he is coming from and sneak up and scare me. We've always gotten a kick out of scaring each other. Waiting for the other to come out of the bathroom and jumping out somewhere, or waiting for the other to walk into the kitchen, ha, its like we reverted backwards by about 15 years. But now i think its "our little thing." and its kinda fun:)

Well, better get some work done.

No comments: