Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Media Bias (But i Love my sister)

I have a couple thoughts on my mind that I feel the need to vent.... in the attempt to avoid this blog turning into a political merry-go-round of unproductively. I have just a few comments on the BIAS of the NEWS. As much as those in the news want to stay impartial, all their damn loaded questions leads the rest of us to believe quite the contrary. They all seems to be far the left, if not very far to the left. And as much as they are allowed to have their own positions, when they read and write questions for the news, BRING THEM BACK TO THE CENTER!!! It just urks me when I hear on one of those morning shows this morning while i was getting ready, the commentator was drilling someone about how the inexperience of Sara Palin will effect McCain;s campaign and how was she will do her job as VP. um, EXCUUUSE ME!?!? You want to bring INEXPERIENCE INTO THIS!?!?! Like the other candidate, o, THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE for the "other party" is o so experienced!?!? PuLEASE!!! This kind of questioning and clear bias is nauseating. But wait, I am not done, what about the media's questions about her ability to be a mother and a Vice President if elected? WEll, excuse me, I think the "other candidate" should be asked dually whether he can be a father and a president!! I find it all so disenchanting.... and turns me off completely.

Not that I am for one nominee over another at this point, really I can honestly say my mind isnt made up. But honestly, I think i am heads above many Americans that believe what the media beast tells them to believe and that is how candidates get elected. The media is suppose to convey in a manner open for interpretation and encourages further discussion. This discussion is then the platform for which opinions are formed..not in the reading of the news.

One more thing about this election that CONTINUES to mystify he. How can so many of the Obama supporters treat him so much like the Messiah! I mean seriously, he is a presidential candidate-- who quite frankly hasnt really done anything spectacular in his career thus far-- but his charisma is making people worship him? SOme of his supporters treat hin like a rock star and these peoplee are his groupies. They create blogs for him, put bumper stickers all over their cars, post pictures of him, market market market him! Don't you do the same thing for your favorite rock band? He , again, is a political pawn... he yes, will be the leader of our country, but also will not be the Messiah of our country. Anyone who knows anything about the government has to understand the president has very little resolute power anyway. It just frustrates me. All i want, ALL I WANT is to have a fair and balanced campaign. Free from media bias and equal opportunity for both parties to have a fair debates. This is a presidential campaign.... I think this is where Americans should be free to make their own judgements based on how they feel about the candidates given equal, symmetric information about both candidates. It's all I ask.

Happy 2nd day of fall.

No comments: