Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life and the Fall

It's definitely beginning to look and feel a lot like fall! As much as I LOVE the summer months and the warm weather, this new season (and those beautiful days like yesterday) put a little bounce in my step about the Fall approaching. After work yesterday I took a little walk with matt on what had to be an absolutely perfect evening. The sun was out (but setting slowly), there was a light breeze and the temperature was about 74 degrees. A little chilly for shorts and a T-shirt, I wore jeans and I was perfectly comfortably. We took our picture with the Bridges in the background and it looked perfect. I woke up this morning a little cold and realized its getting darker and colder and summer really is over. The bright side is that fall has lots of fun things for us to do! Some of those include:
-Going to the pumpkin patch
-Haunted Houses
-Apple picking
-Carving pumpkins
-HALLOWEEN
-Enjoying the leaves change color
- ( hate mentioning this) But the good shows start up again on TV
-Its cooler for evening jogs
-Football season is here
-Start wearing cute sweaters

I am sure there are lots more, those are just the first few that come to mind. After next week when I return from my conference in Las Vegas I am going to begin a new exercise regime. I haven't rowed this week (because of my back) and next week I will be travelling, and the following weekend is our regatta. Its terrible it's approaching so fast, I feel so unprepared. The worse part, we are nearing our final weeks of rowing. It makes me so sad!

I am seeing a doctor for my back on Friday. A new doctor. My old Doctor was apparently my pediatrician (yikes!), and upon calling to receive my medical records they are no longer available!! I cant believe it! It's been that long! Anyway, I am hoping my doctor (my NEW doctor) will tell me everything is OK with my back and I can start rowing again regularly. On the slip side, I am going to begin a workout routine to get me through the colder- darker months. Matt and I suggested we start swimming together and joining Urban Active right across the river. I am 100% for it. I just need to make sure my swim suit fits! Matt is slightly against paying for a Gym, I however am really excited about taking classes, accessing a pool i can swim laps, and a motivation to workout much more than I am! I think we are going to sign up in a week and half after I return from my business trip. I HOPE!

One more final note that brought a smile to my face- I was asked out on a date this week! Of course I never considered it because my boyfriend is loving and wonderful, but the fact that someone asked me out was flattering! He is a rower I met in August who doesn't know that many people. He's a great rower and enthusiastic about the sport so we meshed well. He emailed me when he got home from our first row together to tell me he enjoyed our row (so endearing) and that he hopes we could row again. Well, scheduling another row was complicated but he continued to email me. I told him about my back injury and he was so supportive, offered to help me, and said he'd like to see me again anyway. I admire his courage, his exact words were " I gallantly ask you on a date." How refreshing, how polite. My boyfriend is not worried about anything at all, I of course read his email to him and he had a little laugh. This kind of thing is bound to happen again (to him, too) during the course of our lives. Funny what life throws at you.
Life is good.

1 comment:

ann ominous said...

hi there!

saw your post over on snickollet's blog and thought i'd visit yours...how funny that i randomly click on one poster and find it's another Ohio girl!

i started blogging after reading that article on CNN too.

anyway, just wanted to say hi to a fellow ohioan :-)