Monday, September 22, 2008

Change of Seasons


Someone told me this morning that today is the official day of fall. Where has the Month of September gone? Luckily it it still warm outside and the feeling of summer has not completely faded. A couple of weeks ago I broke down and bought a beautiful red winter coat-- it is BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't resist the remarkably high price on the tag, but i think it was worth every penny. Many are predicting a bad winter... i might as well invest in the coming of the seasons.


Lots of things have happened lately since my last post. I went to Las Vegas, I gambled a little, I lost a little, and returned home a day earlier than planned. Very fortuitous because I hate travelling and it would open up more time on the weekend to do things I wanted to do. While I was away my friend had her first baby- she is adorable. I had to go up and meet her and she is probably the cutest little girl ever. With the cutest name too!! All i could think about after hearing the news and seeing her was babies, babies, babies! And I hardly considered myself a baby person for a long while. Also in the last week I rowed at a regatta-- the first time on the water since my back injury and raced TOUGH race! We beat some of the best times on the board and managed to get a silver medal (just 10 seconds behind Gold). Our crew was so proud! I also spend a good amount of quality time with these rower friends, they make me thankful for what I have a lot.


Right now I am still playing catch up both at home and at work. I have mountains of laundry, my fridge is empty, and my apartment is a a bit of a mess. After the "Blackout of 2008" it seems many have not fully recovered from the week. I was a lucky i had no loss of power, but I am feeling the loss as many of my friends, boyfriend, and others have had to deal with a lot of damage. What a strange day that was. I am lucky.


Before I close, one of the best parts of the trip to Las Vegas was LEAVING las vegas to see the Hoover Dam. What a cool experience, I recommend anyone who has the time to see it-- its only about 30-40 minutes from the strip and a gorgeous drive through the desert and the mountains. I serendipitously had my camera and was able to snappe a couple pictures before it died. Literally a couple pictures and then it failed to turn-on again. It was good to talk to my team lead for extended periods of time, and my old boss and former CFO was there to show us around. It made me miss him and realize was a truly good boss he was. But just as the seasons, everything changes with time. And sometimes you buy a new coat to the make the best of it all.

No comments: