Monday, July 21, 2008

Stress free weekend

overall this weekend was pretty good! I had a three day weekend but it really turned into a normal weekend because my work called friday morning with an emergency that involved my project... Environmental Liability. But today is Monday and all the submissions are complete I am just sitting in the waiting period expecting phone calls with problems. Basically, the problem wasnt even my own, my I was the only one that knew how to rectify SOME ONE ELSE"S ERROR! I have a new found DISrespect for my coworkers on days like that. Nonetheless, I made an OK weekend of it.

Friday night started with some pizza (YUM) and drinks with a fellow rower (and fantastic friend), her boyfriend, and my boyfriend. Then we all headed to Gameworks were we drank and paid video games for literally 3 HOURS!! They have these play cards for 25 bucks that will buy you 450 points-- which is ALOT!! Most games are like 3-10 points. Some 15, and one or two that are 30. Wellwe bought 2-25 dollar cards, so for 12.50 each it's a great time!! We play ski ball, darts, bowling (on steroids with a HUGE big screen), then races on these huge Indy-500 race-car vidio games that literally move you in the cars, just tons of fun stuff. It felt like being a kid, we even won a bunch of tickets and we all walked out eating fun dip and putting pirate patches on... haha it was a good night.

The rest of the weekend was spend laying out at Matt's parents pool.... a whole lot of nothing. We went to church, did a little shopping, went to look at rental properties with matt's brothers (which was NOT fun--- but ill save that for another post), and did racklett at Matt's brother and sister-in-law's house. Racklett= a modern day fondue... but with a grill type top and broiling cheese. pretty interesting.... again, ill save for another post.

Since i dont have much to say right now, ill end with the funny end to the weekend:

The scene: sitting at the table eating rackleett last night.
I had brought Odie over because i had planned on being gone all day and Matt's brother was kind enough to let odie come over to his house to hang out. I felt a little uncomfortable letting home roam in thier house (even though he said it was OK) so i put him outside until it looked like it was going to storm. Matt said put him in their garage and crack it a little bit to let air in. Well, all during dinner i could hear him the garage and I was trying as hard as i could to let my Odie Distraction go unnoticed (even though I got up a few times to check on him). ALl of a sudden iw as looking out the window and out of hte corner of my eye i see a dog...a nd i think, wow there is a stray dog out there ....
"Oh my god, ODIE GOT OUT!!"
He apparently crept back ways out of the garage and wondered to the back of the house and was wondering on thier back deck!! I freaked out and got up frantically to catch him so he wouldn't run away. It was so embarrassing.... all i want to do is be normal with a behaving dog!!!

So much for a relaxing evening.

cant wait for next weekend for diamond club seats with my boyfriend and two of my best friends!!!

No comments: