Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The 4th of july weekend

Today is my last day of work before my 4-day weekend begins! O the joy... I cannot wait!!! I am looking forward to mostly catching up o sleep, doing laundry, and RELAXING!! Is that a sign that I am getting old when all the things I am looking forward to most are incredibly boring?

Nonetheless I have very few actual plans this weekend, however there is much to be done. My birthday is next friday and i know next week is going to be incredible hectic at work preparing our 3rd Q financial statements so that means this week i need to: get my oil changed, go to the BMV for new tags for my car, get a new driver licence, shop for a card for a wedding next weekend, buy my mom a birthday gift, do my laundy, clean my apartment,and hopefully work out ONCE. phew, thinking about that is exhausting.

Matt wants me to help him pull up the dead grass in his front yard, plant ivy, and completely scrub and clean out his basement, and lay carpet downt here. How do I have time for all this? Between juggling my personal priorities, matt's to-do list, and finding time for ME has been a struggle lately. I have to admit I am not feeling too stressed about it, when i write it all down it seems like a lot but I know in the end everything gets done. It helps that this is a long weekend, my birthday is next weekend, and I am seeing my family in a few days!

Speaking of my family, Matt's parents are finally meeting my family on saturday!! It was totally unplanned and accidental that this occasion is actually happening on Saturday. My family and I had made plans to meet up at Scioto Downs in Columbus to see the horse races and have dinner. When i was ate Matt's house last weekend i mentioned i was doing that and in the heat of the moment ACCIDENTALLY said "ya , i am so excited, you should come too"

and.

They are.

I suppose this is bound to happen sooner or later.... it will make for an interesting night (hopefully it will go well)

So just a few more hours of work to get through today..... before this post gets too long ill close with some cincinnati humor-- from a clevelander:
the background-Cincinnati people love to end sentences with unnecessary words. For example; I would say: "Where are you". In cincinnati people say:"where are you at." and so on. SO...
Matt and I are walking out of the post office last night and he notices a sign and covers up part of is and says, "Donna, is this a Cincinnati thing?"
the sign read (with matt's hand over it"
'NO PARKING
All VEHICLES WILL BE
TOWED"
Matt removed his hand uncovering the word AWAY.

It's definitely a cincinnati thing to end sentences with prepositions. 'ALL VEHICLES WILL BE TOWED AWAY." Even thier public/officials signs have adopted this poor grammar. So sad... but i had to chuckle.




towed away

No comments: