Friday, July 11, 2008

Happiness

Again, there is never enough time to write. But I wanted to write this before the feeling left and the voice is still fresh in my head.

I have a coworker that usually walks the halls and says hello to everyone and sees how they are doing. Very kind gentleman, and always says nice things to me when he sees me. Well, he just came into my office to say HI and I told him today was my birthday. He said how happy he was and how thankful I am to bring some light into this office. So many nice things that just brought a HUGE smile to my face.

He also started telling me about how happy he hopes I am. because

Happiness is a state of mind.

When he was younger he used happiness as a relational thing, that often when others do things it effects my mood and I cant control their behavior. The reality-- I control my happiness. By finding those things in life that truly make me happy should never be overlooked... as simple as enjoying a chocolate chip cookie.

Being a happy person and exuding true happiness outward can only come back to you positively. People will become over whelmed in the happiness you feel and make you feel it even more.

He spoke about a few other things that really hit me... especially after the tough week i have been having. God is watching, and I am so glad he came into my office today because it really made me.
happy.

No comments: