Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Midweek

It is already turning into a much smoother week than last week, it;s already wednesday! It's been busy both at work and after work, and I think this is the latest I have gone without carving my pumpkins. Here we are two days before Halloween and the pumpkins are still sitting by the door with the dirt still on them?

I have one worry this week and one worry only. Will Matt leave work on time Friday to get back to his house for Trick or Treats? I keep expecting him to leave later Monday-Thursday so that he can leave at a reasonable time on friday. SO far, no luck. Monday night we went grocery shopping ,Yesterday went to the store to buy Halloween supplies (i.e. Candy) . We've been eating later and later in the evening. Yesterday I made rutabaga, which might be my new favorite vegetable. They are by far not the easiest to prepare and cook, but might be the most delicious AND NUTRITIOUS vegetables out there. They are packed, and i mean PACKED, with vitamins and good stuff for you- and probably the most tasty too!! I have a hard time finding them, and pealing and preparing them after struggling for 15 minutes hoping to not lose a finger was a task. But It is SO worth it!! Tonight I am taking Odie to the vet and I have an Adult Halloween party in my building tonight that I am excited about. Tomorrow is pumpkin carving night, and FRIDAY NIGHT IS HALLOWEEN!! Where has the time gone? I cant believe it's going to be NOVEMBER!!

What is even stranger this year is that it will still be light outside when it comes time for Trick or Treating. It's weird that we haven't set out clocks back yet, this month seemed extra long. But gosh, I leave for Europe in just a little over two weeks? WOW!! I cant believe it. I keep telling everyone that if BHO gets elected I am going to leave the country... haha.

I have nothing exciting write about but I felt compelled to post. One thing I want to share is this awesome website I recently discovered: http://www.woot.com/. Have you heard of it? If you haven't, prepared to be addicted! It's a website that sells one product a day at a super low price. Usually it's something techie-- the first day i checked it out it was selling a Phillips HDTVs 42" for like $749 or something ridiculous. And every day since there has been some cool stuff up there! It might come in handy for some x-mas shopping. Either way, this website is AWESOME and addicting. Coveat emptor-- to your wallet. The products are great!

No comments: