Monday, October 27, 2008

All is well that ends well

Wow its been a crazy week since the last post, where to even begin? Frankly, so much has happen that my brain can barely decipher the week's events from everything else going on in my mind. I can start with what comes to mind first, my glasses breaking about mid-week last week. Boy was that stressful. First, id like to point out that I don't wear my glasses 100% of the time. I wear the them driving so i can see signs (and cops) from further away, and I wear them at work so I can stare at the computer screen all day and not tire my eyes. When my glasses broke, for some reason, it felt like the world was collapsing. Id also like to mention that they did not break on my default, however the broke by a certain someone pushing a certain four legged creature on to a table where my glasses rested. Inevitably there was a loud crash, things fell to the floor and my glasses broke right in half. Boy did I get angry, so angry that tears came because the thought of finding new glasses that I actually liked was as much fun as pulling all the hair out of my head one stand at a time. agh. Not to mention, it was going to be expensive, I dont have an eye doctor in Cincinnati yet, AND you guessed it- I don't have vision insurance. Luckily, matt and I both took time off work to get me to a doctor and to Lensecrafters to get a vision check, pick out new frames, and get new glasses made all in the same day. And IT WAS stressful. I was very picky, indecisive and hard to please. I had no idea what I was looking for. I wanted to be trendy yet sophisticated. I was pleased to see how patient Matt was, he even picked out a whole bunch of frames for me to try out and was incredibly honest. The whole process probably took close to four hours. I ended up with Corvette red glasses, a huge change from my old plastic black trimmed with light pink frames. They are bold, but I think i hit the look on the head- i've gotten quite a lot of compliments!

The rest of the week remained hectic, but controlled as work was so insanely busy. Today is actually the day I will have my year-end performance appraisal that hopefully will result in a bonus because I've been working so unbelievably hard with year end liability estimates and audit inquiries into our financials. Ugh, so stressful. So we shall see how it goes today at 1:30. Matt had a bad Friday and worked late fixing stuff, he was unhappy to into work today because of how rough friday was. Poor guy. I am optimistic about a good week this week.

Yesterday we went to Matt's parents house for his nephews first birthday party. His nephew is adorable so it was fun playing with him and all the other little rascals running around that day. There were like 4-5 babies to gawk at that day, ugh, so cute. Seeing his brother celebrate the first birthday party is made me so excited to celebrate a birthday party with the kids I hope to have someday. I never see this part of me, for a while i always thought i was missing the mothering gene because I never really craved to have children of my own. I never knew how to handle babies, how to play with them, i never had the instinct. But now, when i see the all the little kids all i wanted to do was pick them up and throw them around and make them giggle. It was a craving for sure.

Since it was so closed to Halloween I brought some things to share to the party. I made Halloween punch in a carved out pumpkin. It was SO good. It was apple cider, honey, pineapple juice, boiled-in Cinnamon sticks and two baked oranges with cloves. Boy did it have a lot of flavor-- I got so many compliments. It felt good! I also made a pea-salad (i dont like peas) and made crouton tomb stones (Rest in Peas) haha I thought it was cute. I really enjoy these kinds of crafty creative things, who knew I ever would? It made me think of how excited I will be to do crafts with my own children.

And, last but not least, one of the highlights of the day was sitting and talking to matt's mom after the party. Gosh I do love her and how included she makes me feel. She was telling me how thankful she was for all the help from matt and I, and she started to tear up when she said that if anything were to ever happen in our future that I would make such a good mom. Gosh, that was a great compliment and so heart felt. Even though she is so cute when she gets skiddish mentioning the possibility of Matt and I getting married; skiddish in the most endearing way.

So all is well that ends well. Monday morning is slow. I am rested and slept all the way through the night last night. Time to start the day!

No comments: