Monday, October 6, 2008

adjusting expecations and a good weekend

So what an interesting weekend it was, and again a lesson re-learned about failed expectations. I have been fully aware of my major fault of getting angry when the expectation I have in my head are not realized. I need help working on this, seriously, my poor boyfriend needs me to work on this.

So this weekend was supposed to be a relaxing weekend with some apple picking and down time with Matt's family, some good dinners, and lots of sleep. I need it since next weekend will be stressful (but fun) travelling to Chicago and all. Well, Matt had a bad day at work last week and some how he ended up coming down with the flu. And for some reason my bitchy self could not swallow the fact that he was actually sick and not just feeling bad for himself because he hates his job. On top of this, i proceeded to get angry at him because he was too sick to go pick apples with my Saturday afternoon-- something I had been looking forward to for two weeks. He was sick, I was bitchy. What kind of girlfriend am i? I know this is because my expectations in my head were not met, I need to work on this.

Luckily, even though the start to the weekend was a little rocky, it all turned out quite nicely. With EXCELLENT weather to ice the cake! So instead of going to Lynd Farm on Saturday, I went to the Soap Box Derby with J and A and some other rowers and friends of theirs. It was something unique and different and the weather was perfect for this! It all turned out so nice, and I am really glad i got to spend the afternoon with a couple of great friends anyway. That night was just as relaxing, Matt started to feel better (and I was started to feel better about the prospects of Apple Picking on Sunday) and we spent a great night together. We went over to Matt's house for a little bit, then went to Target and Circuit city to find an HD cable for the wii and Sammy, and then ordered some pizza to have a good night at home. Yummy pizza and we even bought a couple new games for the wii that we can play together. The wii is AWESOME on my TV! The best part, i went to bed a fairly decent time and slept all the through the night!! Gosh, what a great feeling it is to wake up pretty early, wake up naturally and WELL rested, and see sunshine and an entire day to whatever we wanted.

It was PERFECT day for a columbus trip!

We left later in the morning, stopped at Matt's parents house, found a little place to have Bubble Tea near OSU (a place we discovered last year and HAD to go back!!) and then found our way to lynd farm. We picked out two awesome pumpkins, got 20lbs of apples, and even picked up some jelly, squash and some other veggies for dinners this week. IT was perfect day and we had a blast together. Ill have to post some pictures we took of me sitting on Matt's shoulders reaching for the high apples.

I am feeling rested today, i am ready to take on the week....

1 comment:

ann ominous said...

if you are referring to the pochi tea station....you just became 1000 times more cool.