Thursday, October 16, 2008

Halloween Ideas?

Thank GOSH the week is almost over! It was a short week for me and it seemed longer than most! The length of the week directly correlated to the stress level this week, which I can attribute a good portion to some staff accountants which shall remain nameless. Thank gosh tomorrow is Friday!

I have very few plans for the remainder of the month and it is so nice. This past weekend was the last wedding of 2008 (and that feels nice too!) and EUROPEAN VACATION is just under a month away.... that feels extra nice. The only thing on my mind outside of work is Halloween. What will I be? I have two parties this month; the first of which is Dave's Halloween party with some of my rowing friends and a lot of their gay friends. I have a feeling the only straight people at the party with me myself, J and A, and possibly Matt if he joins me. It should be hilarious! For that party J and A mentioned going as Rock Stars together.... crimping our hair, wearing mini skirts and boots, bright colors, get an inflatable guitar and microphone. It could be really fun! I have another party up in Cleveland the day after Halloween which will be much less rambunctious and I dont know what I want to be for that either. I could always fall back on my Mustard Costume (last year Matt and I were Ketchup and Mustard). I know, cute, huh? I also considered dressing up like Sara Palin because multiple, MULTIPLE people have stopped me and already told me I look like her. The only problem with that is i dont know how worth it is to stir that pot when engaging in any kind of political discourse with ANYONE these days just makes me more and more cynical and bitter as every day passes.

However, outside political and work universe, I am quite quite content these days. Matt and I have been having tons of fun with each other every day after work recently. Just this week we have been using up tons of veggies I bought and made some great meals together. We've been playing around with each other, going for walks, swimming in the pool downstairs, going out for ice cream, having a blast. Maybe he has just been in extra good moods, but we have been laughing A LOT and it's so refreshing to balance out the high degree of stress i have 7-5 every day. Yesterday while i was cooking in the kitchen, he picked me, flipped me upside down and had all the blood rush to my head and I was laughing uncontrollably. my eyes started watering because i was right next the onions i was about to cook. It;'s like we are kids again playing together. No matter how old you are, you are never too old to run around, and play like kids. Laughter put years onto your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw! Cute story!!