Monday, October 20, 2008

Great weekend and no TCBY

Another perfectly delightful weekend has come and gone, It's Monday morning and I am so tired! It definitely feels like fall now, and winter ready to make it's entrance since the nights are getting colder and colder. I haven't turned on my heat yet, even though it's dropped down to the lower 40's at night most nights. I like the bite in the air, and as I am winding down at night i like snuggling up under a blanket on my couch, a warm cup of tea and I light candles all the time because I think I subconsciously think that I am warming the room a little bit. I have candles all over my apartment. It feels cozy. I love it.

This weekend was agenda-less and I had a blast. I love weekends were I wake up feel like we can do anything today!! Friday night was so relaxed and low key. After work, Matt and I went up to Teak and got some sushi and Thai food to go, walked over to the store to get a bottle of wine, then came back and just chilled and hung out all night. It was great, we lit candles, drank wine, laughed, had a blast. After we ate, we went swimming and sat in the hot tub for a while then went to bed at a reasonable time. I felt so rested and felt so good on Saturday. The sun was out, I slept in until 10 or so, it was a great morning.

Last year I won an entertainment book and clipped a bunch of coupons i thought would be worth using. This weekend we discover the 90% of the coupons expire on Nov 1st, so needless to say it was a weekend of random activities because we want to get our savings! The book included a free pass to the Newport Aquarium, so guess where we went Saturday morning? How can you pass up a free pass, and it was awesome!! I took some pictures of us petting the sharks, and standing next to huge fish , and being silly playing in the kids area. A great time, and money well spent!! Ill try to post pictures if I can remember.

I clipped another coupon for TCBY-- I LOVE that place. There used to be a store close to my parent's house when I was little and we went there a bunch of times growing up! I LOVE frozen yogurt, and I am pretty sure I haven't been back in, say, 15 years? Well, I had a buy one get one free coupon that said there were like six locations around Cincinnati. We even mapquested two locations. Both of which were out of the way, but figured we'd find a reason up that way to make it worth out while. One was North off 71 near the mall (15-20 min away). And it was CLOSED!!! Then we drove all the way to the west side, and THAT WAS CLOSED TOO!! Why don't they tell anyone this? We drove probably a totally of 2.5 hours round trip to these locations and ended up empty-handed. What a disappointment. Are they closed everywhere now?

The day definitely wasnt a totally wash, though. That night Matt took me out to a very nice dinner at The Reserve. We drank wine, had a three course meal and split a sinfully delicious dessert that I am still salivating over. It was romantic, it was great! We met up with some friends later that night to make the day perfect. And the weekend still wasn't over. Yesterday Matt and I went to church, relaxed a little bit together and watched some of the terrible Bengals game, and went shopping at this place. If you have never been there it is quite an experience. There is nothing you cant get at this store. It's definitely not the place you want to get your milk and eggs for a quick trip, but if you want to experiment in the kitchen, or just find something seasonal or ethnic that would be impossible to find the local grocery, this is the place. We spent a little over 80 bucks there and came home with a bunch of yummy veggies and ingredients to make some great and different dishes for dinner this week.

Great weekend. I am tired this morning. Hope this weekend isn't as stressful as last week.



********************************************************************************
Caveat from my last post. The inspiration of the "non-responsive person" post finally responded. There was a question in an email sent last Monday, the email was finally returned Saturday morning. sigh.

2 comments:

Heather said...

oooh. tcby. i used to eat tcby everyday. no joke. the owner even offered me a job...

haven't seen them since i moved out to ohio though...

ann ominous said...

i freakin LOVE junglejims.

i could live there.

particularly in the British food section. I love the carnival/amusement park statues.

ahhhhhhhhhh best place EVER.