Wednesday, May 14, 2008

something to look forward to

Today looks to be a very rainy and dreary day. What a 180 degree difference from yesterday, I am glad I capitalized on the good weather while I had it. And I even stuck to my plan to run 10 mi yesterday. Although i probably walked close to three in between and sporadically, overall it felt pretty good. And my right leg is so soar today- I really hope its not the beginning of an injury. Working out seems easier when the weather is nice, now that it is gross out I have no motivation to do anything tonight. I had a good conversation with my friend J yesterday about the trick to staying with it is finding your niche of motivation. For him it was girls, for me.... its swim suit season. I definitely dont want to be obsessed about it, but I would like to get into some sort of routine. J gave me a new perspective about my tv shows I watch; he likes to download movies and watches them while he works out. He figures he might as well be watching them anyway and instead of using couch time he will use it productively. I don't watch a lot of movies, heck, i barely watch television with my 4 channel TV with bunny ears. But I am a sucker for Desperate Housewives and Greys Anatomy. Perhaps i could download them for $2 and use that hour of couch time to work out and catch up. After all, its mostly dialogue anyway. We'll see if I can miss the season finale ( and its 2 hours!) on sunday with this in mind...

Well, on to something very new for me. Monday at mothers day dinner with Matt's parents apparently while i stepped away to use the ladies room his brother prompted matt about family vacation. And the even stranger part, they asked him if he wanted to bring me! Woah!! Of course, being the polite boyfriend he said he'd love to but hes going to talk it over with me first to see if it was ok. I was FLOORED!!! Ive never gone on vacation with anyone's family besides my own. Last night matt was playing a voicemail from his brother about booking a cruise or something (YEAH, a CRUISE!!! uh, AWWWESOME!!) his brother said " I am assuming you are bringing Donna, I mean I think you would be stupid not to.. but that;s just me." As silly as that sounds, it felt good to feel included in something like this. Of course, in my typical over analytical fashion, after sitting on the idea for a while I started stirring about sleeping arrangements and all those logistical details. His parents are conservative like mine, and very catholic,.... so there is 3 brothers, one brother is married with a baby son, and then two parents. 7 people, plus a baby... hows this going to work? Are they going to invite someone else to even it out? Where will i go? I know, over analyzing.... i need to stop. This stuff is minor ( i need to remind myself that)... This is a chance to go somewhere REALLY fun (there was even talk of Europe, but who knows!) and a better opportunity to really spend a lot of time with family. Who, yes, are great people. I mean they have to be great because THEY INVITED me on vacation!!

Speaking of vacation, only 23 more days until i go to Miami and then a 4 day cruise with 8 of my friends!!!! AHHHH!!! We booked MONTHS ago and I cant believe its less than a month away now. But these last few weeks seem like FOREVER!! I cant wait, its going to be one of the best vacations ever I have a feeling. I've cruised before, but a lot of my friends have not so they are all going to have SUCH a blast. The only downside is we are all flying in separately and wont meet up until we are on the boat. But then the REAL party begins... i have a feeling a lot of money is going to be spend. O the fun that will be had!

1 comment:

EJH said...

LOL I love how you immediately start freaking about the minutiae; I do the SAME thing :)

The cruise sounds like a blast! I am going to West Palm Beach the first week of June and I'm sooooo excited.

You'll have to post pics from your vacation! It's really sweet that Matt is going to include you :)