Thursday, May 15, 2008

anniversary

So last night was our one year anniversary since we started dating. This was my first every one year-- no one has ever stuck with me that long up until now-- so I have no idea what is a customary thing to do to recognize it. In a way its kind of an arbitrary date because we theoretically started dating in the April time frame last year. We picked the 14th because that is the day we made it official. So in the spirit of tradition, we went to our favorite restaurant-- and the same place we went to that night one year ago-- Teak for some sushi and pad Thai. It was excellent, the only thing that would have made it more perfect is if it was warm and sunny out and we could have eaten on the outside patio (which is what we did the first time a year ago). Last night we were sitting on the inside balcony so we could overlook any passersby going to the bar or anyone came in. Well, at one point Matt made me turn and see what was on some lady's head who just walked in. I of course turned all the way around in my seat, and or course complete confusion too, asking 'what lady?' ' there is no lady with anything on her head. Which lady are you talking about?' Well well i came back to the table, in the corner where i put my elbow there was a little blue box with a white bow on it. You guessed it, Tiffany's. The perfect present on a perfect day-- some beautiful earrings he picked out that I couldn't love more. I am SPOILED ROTTEN!!!

The funny part about our relationship is if someone ever just heard snippets of our conversations together they would be is complete disillusionment and probably think we are two arrogant bastards. And when I say that, I mean mostly me because some of the stuff that comes out of my mouth out of context is just terrible!! So last night I put on the earrings so i could wear them around for a while, and i put them on while he was sitting at the table so he could see what they looked like on. So, as we were walking back to the car I was remarking about how much I love them and how nice he is to buy them for me because I am going to wear them ALL the time. He said hes happy to and he couldnt wait for everything in the future. And then I said, here it comes, and 'I cant wait to go look in a mirror!!' Quick- to- judge- matt pointed it out and said he wished he could have tapped recorded it and played it to his family. haha just terrible, isnt it?

One more in the spirit of terrible out of context snippets; whenever we are having a meal we are sharing together matt always asks if i want more before he finishes anything. I always try to not over eat and stuff myself so I am uncomfortable the rest of the night, but I try to eat until I am comfortably full and satisfied. One time matt offers to give me more, i decline and say ' no no, I am officially perfect.' And you guessed it, In matt's typical fashion pointed it out and now reminds me of it all the time. So now matt of course feels the need to use it at his free will... not only when i say no to more food, but anytime.... even in front of his family (who I am still getting comfortable with) Oy, it just SOUNDS TERRIBLE!!

Last funny thing that happened last night. After dinner we decide to go for a swim or sit in the hot tub. Well, since I was cold I opted for teh hot tub first since no one in the entire pool area. When we got down there the water level did look noticeably high, but of course not thinking at all, i turned on the jets and like hot lava pillaging over a volcano water starts rushing out from ALL sides and piratically almost over into the pool 4-5 yards away! It was terrible, i piratically drained then entire hot tub! (at least it seemed like it by how much water came pouring out.). So we sat in the hot tub with no jets, and discovered some cold water coming in. Apparently the tub was still getting filled... and with cold water making the Hot Tub appear much less hot and more like a warm tub. The whole experience I found very disenchanting, but I don't think it will stop me from going back im sure.

No comments: