Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday morning

Another weekend passes so quickly, I need another day. If nothing but to catch up on sleep, this weekend I barely had time for very much at all. Busy can be good, and in this case I have no complaints really. Friday night Matt and I went out to dinner downtown town at the Millennium Hotel ( I had a free meal from Entertainment Book) then went out for Greaters Ice Cream on the way back and sat int eh square and listening to the band and watched the Indians lose. It was a bummer. It was an early night, but I had to get up early on Saturday for the shower and party. Both of which were fun-- and the Bachelorette had a great time. Yesterday I woke up and went to Matt's parents to run with Odie and Matt. I spent most of the afternoon up there before heading down to my side of town to pick up ingredients to make HOMEMADE pizza! I never thought making pizza would be so rewarding. And it was packed with all kinds of yummy veggies so i didn't feel too terrible eating it, AND i used low fat cheese (and not as much of it on my side). I am looking forward to the remaining two pieces for dinner tonight! YUM!

One of the best part of the weekend was discovering Matt's Gamin Forerunner. For his birthday last year I got him this neat little running device that looked really interesting. He hadn't used it yet and I made him dig it out yesterday since we weren't running on trail. Man is that thing COOL!!! Not only does it track how far you have run-- WHILE YOU ARE ACTUALLY RUNNING-- but it tracks your pace, the time, AND YOUR HEART RATE. You can set it for speed zones, and pace zones, you can even set a certain kind of workout too. This thins is sweet! The best part is you can hook it up to a computer and it shows you all the history on a MAP!!! And it charts your speed, distance, time, ELEVATION, so much cool stuff i cant even remember. You can export to excel if you are serious, but it remembers like 500 of 1000 runs or something. Then you can create a workout plan. This little thing is SO INSPIRING!! It really motivated me to want to keep running and get better. Just so i can literally see my progress. SO cool... everyone should get one. Even though they are terribly expensive. It probably made my weekend!

Now for something kind of funny (and a bit humiliating) from the weekend. The scene: the wedding shower. There was a theme to create a scrap book page for the couple with quotes or messages for them to eventually fill with wedding pictures if theey wanted. Well, I have never created a scrap book page in my life nor have I had the desire. Well, apparently I am the only one with two 'x' chromosomes who cant 'scrap book.' At the end of hte party when were packing up one of the bride's sisters comes up to me and says, " Do you want to take some scrap book stuff home with you to work on?"
My thoughts: ' Whaat? I finished my page and put it in the book like 2 hours ago.' My response-hoping to be polite-- ' Um, i guess sure. I thought i had it in there.'
Sister (with a slightly cringed face)-- "yeah well we had to fix it a little"
Me (completely humiliated).
But never ended up bringing it home-- its not like I would all of a sudden becoming enlightened or creative at homeway. Sorry Bride and Groom for ruining a page in your scrap book.... I am sur eyou cant read my writing anyway if if i had made it prettier.

No comments: