Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Another tired Tuesday

I woke up this morning more tired than usual. Its not like I don't know what the problems is too, I go to bed way too late. Since I get into work at 7:15, the latest I should be going to be is like 10:30. That is, lights out under the sheets, IN bed. Yesterday I had an excuse, Matt asked me to go to his parents to celebrate mom's day with his family since they got back from a cruise on sunday. Of course, I obliged, even though selfishly I was thinking ' your parents live 35 minutes away, we have to drive up 75 in rush hour, I am probably going to end up eating something fried and terrible for my Be Healthy plan, and I am going to get back really late and miss the season finale of the Bachelor.' Am I a terrible person for thinking that? I do feel really bad, and I know i should be feeling happy about seeing them because they are very nice people and very welcoming. But you guessed it, I am batting 1000. We got up there around quarter to seven, dicked around for like thirty minutes, then all piled into cars to get.... Chinese. And not even yummy, quick and convenient Chinese, it was a restaurant about twenty minutes away, with pratically no one inside and terrible service. Matt says they love it there, I just dont get it. Well, after spending close to two hours "eating," we drove twenty minutes back to their house, had to be polite since no one left yet and watch the baby eat bananas, and finally got on the road at 10:15... It was a long day, but at least i got to see who 'won' the bachelor... but then that was disappointment after all.

I sound like quite a complainer, I am trying to work on that. And I know I can be overly selfish... I am trying to work on that too. I think I am partly jealous of thier family because they all live so close to one another and my family is 250 miles away. I cant drop in whenever I want. I am working on it. But in all honesty, Matt does tell me they love me. And I believe him, they do love me-- in the all boys dominated household way. The way they tease you the first opportunity they get. One of the most embarassing moments was at his dad's Retirement Party at Carlos and Johnny's with a TON of of collegues. His dad was a long time employee and a senior executive so he had a lot of clout and a BIG deal for him leaving. Agan, not a very emotional man either, but at the end of his boss's speach, and his little speech, and watching this little video by PowerPoint of his career there was a silence where he didn't know what to say. Until he turns to me and says-- and i cant remember his exact phrase-- "well, Donna, your up for some final words." And there i was, at a table of matt's family, the president of the company, and a room full of strangers that all i know each other... my face is beat red. I know, That is their way of including me... but it is quite an adjustment.

Well, anyway, as tired as I am this morning I have big plans to go for a 10 mile run tonight... as tired as I may be. I am hoping this coffee I am drinking will give me the jolt I need to carry me through the entire day. Its a slow time at work so the day goes by much slower, but I am enjoying it because I know it wont last. Plus I think this is a good time to catch up on my light reading on Oprah.com. The funny part about all this is a fellow rower emailed the club looking for rowers to fill a double of a quad 3 days at week at sunrise. And idealistic and unrealistic me, of course responded saying I would love to row in the mornings and I even have a boathouse key to get in when we want. Well, she emailed everyone who responded this morning and they need one more person to to row "beginning at sunrise" Wednesday and Friday. She even noted the sun rised at 6:30 but pretty soon it will rise at 6. (yay). well, I closed it and am in a major conflict of interest. Between myself and, well, myself. I would love to get up extra early in the morning and row-- if i was fully awake and not tired. Well, needless to say I haven't responded to this mornings email yet....



Just two and a half more weeks until VACATION!!!!!

No comments: