Monday, April 27, 2009

things are good

This

Weather

is

AMAZING!!!

My favorite part of the weekend: Walking outside at 10:00 in the morning on Saturday with Matt and Odie, the sun was out, the wind was lightly blowing, small cup of coffee in hand... and we sat by the river just sitting. The temperature was the most perfect temperature. Warm, not humid, sun wasnt too hot, the air felt so good. Not too many people were out yet; it was peaceful. I loved it.

This entire weekend was filled with absolutely perfect weather. Maybe a little hot in the afternoon, but for the first time it felt like summer. Of course, the weekend flew by and I can barely remember what I did. Friday I had the day off so i searched around for a cute shirt to wear for the engagement session Saturday afternoon. I honestly cant tell you what i did that night, i think i just hung out, made a healthy meal, and watched a movie with the windows open... it felt nice.

Saturday afternoon started out wonderfully; In the late morning I went to get my hair cut, came back and went to Habeneros with Matt to have lunch. He just loves that place. It felt like we were in vacation or something because tons of people were out and about on the levee in shorts and tank tops. And i am pretty sure at one point i was listening to Bob Marley while eating my chicken quesadilla.... mmmm vacation. haha

Our engagement pictures that afternoon was SO much fun! I just love Michael bambino... he was always making us laugh. He took us outside and he shot a roll of actual film on us... black and white film! We had pictures sitting on a stoop, on the rail road tracks, all these benign places that I would have never thought to be 'pictur-esque' and I am guessing will be lovely. It was unfortunate it was so windy, my hair felt like it was all over the place. I hope it didnt ruin too many of the pictures. I CANNOT wait to see them! He told us it will take a couple of week. I AM DYING to see how they turn out! And the best part? When i asked him if his staff ever does those slide shows you see at weddings, the "love stories" where there is rolling pictures of their childhood though the point in their lives together. He said no, no, he doesn't do that silly stuff. But he is going to put together an actually Love Story movie that he will direct and shoot us again in COLOR!.AND FOR FREE!!!! Yes, FOR FREE!! I have no idea why he was so generous.... but he usually charges $750 for that, he is throwing it in. WOW!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!
(aaah another outfit to stress out about) haha.

It definitely put a skip in my step the rest of the weekend.

Yesterday morning was also another fantastic day. Since i am going to bed earlier on the weekends, i find i wake up earlier, rested, and full of energy. Yesterday i started the day off before 10 am again! I ate breakfast, matt and I did yard work together, did 2 loads of laundry, I went to the grocery store and got food for the week, played with odie outside. We even went out to lunch together. Took a long walk and got ice cream, and even even went swimming at the very end of the day. The whole day i was productive! I folded and put away all the laundry, cleaned up my entire apartment, made my huge salad for the week, packed lunches, washed dishes. my apartment is looking fantastic.

I have a clear head right now when things are in order in my life. It feels good. I am rowing tonight, i am looking forward to that. Matt and I started a pact to eat healthy and workout during the week. Only on weekends are we allowed to splurge a little bit (but not too much). last week we did great. A few of my rowing friends decided to have our own little "workout club" for which we will make a schedule to row AT LEAST 2x a week together. Regime is good. Things are good.

things are good

2 comments:

ann ominous said...

what goes in this HUGE salad of yours? I <3 salad. we had grilled shrimp and salad last night for dinner....on the patio...it was heaaaaaaaven!

Heather said...

i love warm weather! puts a skip in my step! glad things are going so well. i'm pretty positive you'll love your michael bambino photos. he took such amazing ones of our cousin's wedding!