Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ode to the Odes





I was thinking about my other bloggy friends, posting about their animals, and I realized I have never posted about my adorable, fury little 4-legged family member, Odie. In fact, i barely acknowledged his birthday, which was a date pick by Matt and I, two weeks ago on March 15th. The ides of March, easy enough to remember. He turned 4... i think.

Matt is not as in love with my pup as I am, but that's ok. And the rules of my apartment will definitely have to be modified when he moves into our house when we are married. But he is really a great dog. He barely ever barks-- making him a perfect apartment dog, he loves to snuggle up on me, and is the most affectionate dog i have ever had. He certainly knows how to communicate with me, he can be a trouble maker, and boy is he smart! He has tons of energy, he loves to play (although he is not much a retriever), he can be vocal when he wants attention, and he will eat LITERALLY anything!!! I like to think i make him healthy when i give him leftover vegetables. Yes, he even eats vegetables. He is one of the few dogs I've seen that actually gets excited about his dog food, everyday. The same food he eats every day. He is patient and forgiving, and the long days when he has to go 10+ hours before going to the bathroom.

I love him so much, sometimes i wish i didn't work during the day so i could spend more time with him, having a dog is so rewarding. I did celebrate his birthday with lots of treats and a yummy dinner. He probably has no idea what his birthday means, but another day he can feel loved is a good day.




These pictures don't even do him justice, they are just a couple of the few I have on my work computer. I have tons of cute ones at home, that really show his personality. This is my favorite one at work. And yes, he has a Halloween costume too. Some people think it's cruel to dress up dogs, I think Odie likes it because he gets TONS of attention and he loves to be fawned over.
*And yes, he was named after Garfield's Odie. I think he resembles him a little bit, too:)
Other names he responds to besides, Odie: Ode, Odester, Odie-Miester, love bug, little man and Birdie..... dont ask.

2 comments:

ann ominous said...

omg. he could be my dog's brother!

Heather said...

aww! so cute. dogs truly are the best, i must admit. :)