Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter weekend and more SURPRISES!


last week was such a lazy and exhausting week. I had a difficult time posting and i did try. this weekend totally flipped things around... and i look ahead to a VERY busy week and weekend ahead.

I took yesterday off to drive home from an EXCELLENT Easter weekend. Matt got lucky and had the day off on friday since the markets were closed and we got a head start. We got in around 4 on friday and got to hangout with my parents and sister the whole night. And we at Thai that was soooo good! Saturday afternoon i had plans go visit my best friend's apartment for a lunch date around noon. I almost didnt get showered, i threw on some clothes and grabbed a bottle of wine to share for a relaxing afternoon. When i arrived....

ANOTHER SURPRISE!! This time, a surprise WEDDING SHOWER PARTY!!!! And both sides of my family were there, my cousin who i havent seen a couple years, J and A drove up from cinci, and so did Matt's mom and my future sister-in-law. I was SOOOOO touched!!!!

The cute little decorate tables we ate lunch

The cake!

The AWESOME GROUP! My family, some of matt

s family, my friends, grandma's!

Grandma G and Grandma V (a rate photo opp)

5 of the 7 Bridesmaids!! YAY!! LOVE THEM!

The Fab 4-- and longest friends! E and C are my non-blood sisters and this could not have taken place with out them. They are so precious and wonderful!

Showers are a little embarrassing, and the whole time i was worried if people were having an OK time. I was also relieved that i took the 4 minutes to at least shower that morning. I am just so lucky!

The rest of the weekend just flew by-- Easter was a total haze, so much driving and eating and running around. Saw both sides of the family and that was nice, but i think my stomach hurts from all the chocolate and buttery/fatty foods i ate. Plus i havent been sleeping all that well the past few nights. I hoping that will change. I have a busy week coming up, lots of birthdays this week and plans for everyone. Plus writing TONS of thank you notes will take up lots of time. But i hear it's suppose to warm up! Summer is coming!

4 comments:

ann ominous said...

good to know that someone else planted! they're lookin a little wilty...surely can't be for lack of rain!

you have amazing friends! i am a wee bit jealous i think! lol! i would totally have showed up in sweatpants and unshowered.

Heather said...

aww, how fun!

we haven't planted yet, but are getting ready. i can't wait to get my veggie garden started...just have to fence it first so the chickens don't get it!

Cher said...

stumbled upon your blog from another SITS girl...Congrats on your upcoming wedding! If you need some creative romantic ideas to spoil your new hubby with, stop by my blog! Good luck with all your planning!

Morgan said...

You stopped by my blog and I wanted to tell you THANKS for the comment! Your blog is really cute and feel free to stop by my blog anytime to get some wedding ideas!