Wednesday, July 7, 2010

r-e-l-a-x

I am much more relaxed this week.

Thank GOODness.

Under ordinary circumstances-- and not having had the week i had last week-- i probably would be a little frantic this week at work. This is a busy week for me, but for some reason i feel like id rather handle this than stuff that i dealt with last week. I am calmer today.

My long weekend came at the perfect time and it was very enjoyable! I had Friday thru Monday off work-- i worked all of ONE day last week. Friday I was by myself and i cleaned, i shopped, i relaxed. And at night i went out with E and C, Matt, and a couple others. I got pretty drunk.... more than i tend to want to be but it was much needed! Saturday i woke up, baked a poppy seed cake for my dad (which, by the way, turned out exceptional!), then met M for lunch and a few hours of walking around the square, shopping, eating, tasting wine, talking, it was wonderful. When my parents arrived we went out for a great dinner, walked around town, went to the store and renting a movie. It was so relaxing!

Sunday was much of the same. Everyone got up at thier leisure and we made breakfast together at my house, talked, sat around and relaxed, and then Matt and I took them to the phenomenon known as Jungle Jims. We didn't have a lot of time to spend there, but they haven't been there since all the times they have visited. It was on the way to Uncle Rudy's house where we had a cookout with all of Matt's family. They loved it, they get a long pretty well with matt's family so i think this was just the prescription! They all had to drive back because my dad has SO much work to, but they left around 8 and matt and I stayed for Donny's fireworks, and then drove over to Gina's to watch the Hamilton fireworks from her driveway. It was a family filled day and i loved every minute of it.

Monday matt and I swam in his parents pool and didn't get much done. I RELAXED and that was all i wanted to accomplish. I went to quickly, this week is going to quickly, i cant believe it's mid-july already this weekend. And my birthday. Where did the summer go? Matt says he has something planned, it's a surprise, so i have no idea what my weekend will look like.

But anything is better than the last couple weeks.

Time to get back to work, gotta keep on swimming....

No comments: