Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I am still here

I have been absolutely awful at posting recently. 'Busy' just doesn't seem like a valid excuse anymore. But really, i cant think of another word. Last week i was on work travel for most of the week, this week is a short week, weekends are forever busy until after the wedding, can you blame me?

The last couple weeks have been sprinkled with wedding stuff (picking out and ordering wedding invitations, designing and ordering Save-the-Date magnets, pulling together guest lists, printing engagement pictures, scheduling the video, appointments, and god know what other little-less important things i have worked out in the between times). Other sprinkling includes travelling to Cleveland AND DC in the same week, and the beginning of the crazed budget formulation cycle here at work. I get into the work in the morning and when I think to open my blog my mind goes completely blank. It's like no brian waves are strong enough to start writing any kind of semblance.

But here I am, I suppose Ill give a little weekend update. I had friday off so i decided to go shopping and i ended up buying NOTHING. I wanted to find some cute summer dresses, i found none. Now is not the time to buy for summer because everything is marked up and so discouraging. When matt got off work we loaded up the car and drove to Cleveland for a couple days. I saw C and her boyfriend (who i LOVE) on Saturday afternoon at Blossomtime. We ate hot dogs, road the Ferris wheel, ate ice cream, walked. It was such a lovely afternoon and C is the most wonderful friend it is just a breath of fresh air being able to spend time with her. That night i went out to eat with my my parents at a new Cuban restaurant (YUM) and visited grandma. Always nice seeing her. Dad came back from Europe that afternoon on business so he was uncharacteristically tired. It was an early night. I Drove back to cinci Sunday, went to the the Taste of Cincinnati around 9:30, went swimming with Matt, called it an early night. Monday I woke up and worked out for 45 minutes, cut up some watermelon and headed over to the cookeout at Matt's parents. We visited Aunt Saucy who is back in the hospital, and had a whirlwind tour of both of our families. We got home late- around 9:15-- and ate some thai, and started to send out our STDs only to find ourselves in a huge blow out flight. And it all was over how to communicate our process of finalizing the guest list in conjunction with sending out the magnets. oy was it a firey fight. I would need a whole new post to go into details. So alas, here i am DEAD tired on a tuesday with few brain waves transmitting signals to actually get anything accomplished.

I suppose ill close on just a few highs to start the work week:
1) I am lucky that my future husband;s family is so loving and wonderful
2) The wedding is exactly 4 months from tomrorow
3) Matt still loves me no matter how firey our fights may be
4). Summer is here:)

1 comment:

ann ominous said...

firey fights just mean sweet makeups. right? :-) gotta have 'em to keep life interesting!

glad you are still alive