Monday, March 23, 2009

Productivity and fun

Well, it was a dissppointing weekend to be a flyer fan. Well, dissppointing END to the weekend when we were SO excited they made it past the first round of the tournament but got slaughtered by a much, MUCH lower seeded team. It was good to be around some UD friends this weekend though.


the weekend in general was INCREDIBLY productive and really fun! I met up with some flyers at a hole in the wall bar downtown after work on friday to watch the flyers win the first round of the tournament! It was a great game!! Then Matt came to pick me up to drive to the west side to meet with a super cheap baker, and designed our whole wedding cake!! And he is doing it for almost HALF the cost of other bakers and we get to have everything we want!! And it will be DELICIOUS!!! It was soo great and very thrilling to save so much money. And it feels good because it's an old man that owns his bakery and he just got a cash register like 2 months ago.


Saturday morning we met with two florist (for the first time). The first one was SO expensive and we couldnt afford really anything beautiful. The second was a referral from another baker in the area; it's a wholesale flower shop down in Florence-- totally off the beaten path-- and they were FANTASTIC! We designed everything to the exact flowers and colors and i couldnt happier. AND AFFORDABLE IT WAS!!! I get to have roses and dahlias and orchids!!! WOW!! And the main color is this rose


AND! We get to have trumpet vases (the big tall centerpieces) for about a third the cost of other florists!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!! I am getting everything I want, and I am savings hundreds, more than hundreds, a couple thousand dollars!!! I am so rejuvenated by all the savings!! It just takes a little research.

Today Matt and I are looking into limo services that would fit out whole wedding party and dates-- and I think there are ways to save here too.

So productive!! Great weekend, and I got to see J and A on saturday night for J's bday celebration. This week i get to row tomorrow on the water, see F on wednesday, and try on my dress again with my future sister in law on thursday! YAY!! I am in a great mood.

AND SPRING IS HERE!! It's sunny and getting warmer. It really uplifts my spirits. Lots of good things to write about today, time to get some stuff done!

1 comment:

ann ominous said...

your rose choice is my ab-so-lute favorite...i am SO excited to see your pictures, they are going to be GOOOOORGEOUS *sings that last bit*