Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some pics and other randomness

Well there is 3- possibly 4 inches of snow on the ground and apparently the city is in turmoil. Everyone stayed home from work today, the news forecasters are calling it the biggest snow of the year, the streets are barely plowed, and everyone is running to the store to stock up on supplies.

did you miss the first sentence? THREE INCHES MY FRIENDS, THREE INCHES!!!!

Cincinnati could stand to learn a thing or two from cleveland.


So this week is slow and I am already looking forward to this weekend. I am starting to get the sniffles and have already sneezed like 10 times in the last hour. At least I dont feel sick. Last night at our rowing workout our coach tested some of the class on our 2000 meter race times for the indoor rowing championship regatta this weekend at St. X. I tested and felt like throwing up when i finished. I didnt do as well as i thought, and when we start off on a sprint my first stroke I fell of the slide. It was so demoralizing. I dont think I am a competitive level right now.

Tonight I am going out to Indian food and drinks for a friends bday (that is, if we can all brave the snow..ooooo) and tomorrow Matt and I are going to my new doctor for a Lasik consultation. Thursday I have rowing, and then it;s friday and the weekend again! YAY!!

I am just getting over how great the past couple of weekends were, and this coming weekend I already have lots of plans!! But before I forget ill post some pics that i've been meaning to put up.




This picture was taken at the cyclones game on Saturday night, A got a box from his company and invited 12-14 of our friends. it was AWESOME!




Engagement party pics:











And this last one is Seabass and K-- one of the last weekends in December,... just wanted to throw it up here because I love these girls!



So now that I caught up on some picture posting I thought id follow suit with Pottamus because was also tagged to do this but cant do it on facebook-- or more like I dont know how. Also, this will be an abridged version. It calls for 26 (maybe 25?) random facts but I am going to do 15 random facts simply because I have spent enough time posting these pictures which for some reason I have a lot of difficulty doing. So, here goes...
1) My entire family has "D" names and that includes every animal we ever owned (which includes 2 dogs, a chinchilla, 4 gerbils, and 2 guinea pigs throughout our childhood.
2)Its sometimes pathetic how much down time I have a work and I often worry that I am losing valuable skills at my current job but not being fully utilized all of the time.
3)After the last two elections I have become increasingly more aware of my political views and real and rooted belief system that seems to fall fairly aligned with the republican party.
4)I often wish people didnt think our new president is like a super-star. Sometimes I wish that people could understand my view points about him and how there are some serious issues at stake, and it's not about race or color or social status.
5). I used to think i loved to travel but as I am getting older I like it less and less because airports and navigating my way around is stressful and not fun for me at all.
6). When I am with my fiance i feel like i can do anything. Whenever he is with me I feel strong and confident and I miss him when he is not around. Although it may be a comfort zone thing, i love him for making me feel that.
7)Sometimes I think my dog was a person in a past life-- he is so animated and can act like an old man sometimes.
8)The thought of anything happening to Matt is terrifying to me and I worry about him all the time when he isnt with me.
9)My dad works waay too hard that is not good for his health. I want him to retire and enjoy life with my Mom before he gets too old.
10)Some of my friends stress me out and I too often worry that I am inadequate when I am around them. I am coming to realize it;s all just my own insecurities.
11)I am constantly worried that I am going to mess=up planning my wedding and am terrified no one will have fun.
12)I really want to learn how to be a good cook, it's a slow process but I am hoping to get there.
13)I really want a family, I worry what kind of a mother I will be because I dont think I am that good with children, but I really want kids.
14) I have seriously thought about adoption when I have a family.
15) I have never once second guessed how blessed and privileged I am and I thank God every day for all the wonderful people and opportunities I have in my life right now.

3 comments:

ann ominous said...

awwww. your pictures are too cute!

also, your 15 things make you sound like a very nice and sincere person :-) yay :-)

EJH said...

Dave said DC got snow too and everyone is acting like it is the end of the world :) I still remember getting stuck in DC during that one blizzard when I was visiting Dena!

I'm so so so happy for you and Matt :)

You will be a great mom, whether you adopt or have them biologically. You are good-natured, gentle, sweet, strong, intelligent, creative etc. All great mom qualities :) and you KNOW I'll babysit.

ann ominous said...

thanks for the house compliments! how's the wedding planning going? can't wait to hear more details!