Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brrrrr

It is FREEZING!!!!!! No wait, it is BELOW freezing outside right now. In fact, the weatherman said we are seeing some of the coldest temperatures we've seen in years. The high today? 11!!! That is effing cold, do we need to factor in the wind chill?

My apartment is 25% windows; two huge sliding doors on one wall that pretty much take up 90% of the entire wall in my living room and dining room. It's beautiful in the summer but UNBEARABLE in the amount of heat i lose from them. My bedroom, quite the same.... I have huge long windows that span the entire outside wall of my room and it just doesn't stay warm. I need warm!!! My electric bills is going to be insane this month (and i thought last month was bad). And I hate cold, I hate the way i feel, i hate my dry skin, i hate going outside, i hate the dark, i HATE the cold... but the worst part, WE HAVENT ACTUALLY GOT ANY REAL SNOW! I was born and raised in Cleveland, i am pretty sure they have over 2ft right now. Cincinnati sucks. In fact, i cant even listen to the weather people because they hype up one snow flake falling for an entire week. We haven't had any accumulation over one inch this year. ONE INCH!!! What point is this bitter cold when there is no snow. I miss the snow. I miss the anticipation that no one can get out of their driveways in the morning and everyone stays home the following day. I miss the feeling of watching all the snow fall and fall and feeling safe inside with no place to go. It's the kind of snow that is an event. None of this slightly dusting the ground s***, ok I am bitter. I blame the cold.

I am ready for the weekend and the week to be over. It's been a busy week. Not much has happened on the wedding planning front except I put down my deposit at the Cincinnati Club (YAY) and I schedule an appointment with a photographer this weekend. I also called a few bands-- but still haven't found anyone. These two (major) pieces I will relax once they are in place. In other interesting news, Terry Kidney from Music Hall finally found it convenient to get back to us about the hall. How nice, only a week and a day later. She said in her brief email that our planned date still is not available but -i quote-- there is a possibility that one of the last two weekends in October might be available. MIGHT BE AVAILABLE!?!? O wait, i am not done. Not only did she tell me that she cant confirm anything with me but she said she would put a hold on one of them if I wouldn't mind waiting until the end up February or possibly later. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!??!! um, YA RIGHT! How do these people do business? I mean seriously! Of course, i responded less angry although still miffed and told her that do the my past experience with you i cannot plan my wedding on a possibility Music Hall is available. O then of course i growled at the computer screen and said a few curse words under my breath and sent the email.

On the non-wedding front everything is just fine. Matt and I ate Teak again last night, we justified it because it was our anniversary. We have leftovers for tonight. This weekend we have 3 days which will be nice. I am looking forward to a lot of rest and relaxation! And staying warm:)

2 comments:

ann ominous said...

i love snow too...but i took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive 21 miles yesterday.

be glad you dont have snow.

Heather said...

i can't believe you don't have snow! how do we have snow and you don't?

at least it is starting to get a bit warmer!