Friday, January 23, 2009

End to a short week

So it's finally Friday! And this week has actually been pretty good. Still on the high from this weekend's surprise, it has put a little bounce in my step whenever I think about it. It was a great week in general too, and productive.

We got a lot done on the wedding front. Two more check boxes (well, aside from some clerical work they boxes are pretty much checked). Photographer AND band. We are going with the Kim Kelly Orchestra and we are going with their 13 pc band. It's going to be big and loud and hopefully awesome. My one concern is that they dont play enough songs for the young crowd (which is many). I asked for a couple references and called them both and both used this band for an older crowd; one for a company holiday party and another guy who seemed rich threw a big party and actually got two bands so there were no breaks. Both people were really nice and helpful, the second guy was 50. I am 25. And it's not that i want justin timberlake playing, i just want the classic rock and roll stuff that everyone knows and can do some booty shakin! Like CCR, Van Morrison, billy joel... you know the usual classics. Their playlist on line seemed pretty diverse-- a lot of big band stuff, jazz and ballads, but also a big classic rock list too. I am hoping i can ask them to play up that list. I cant help but obsess, i am so bad at making decisions!!

The rest of this week was spent playing catch up. I went out to dinner and the theatre on Wednesday night with J and A ( only the 2nd play of our a season tickets), and last night I had a great rowing workout. Saturday we are going to the Cyclones game with some friends who got a box from his office so that will be fun, and I even emailed my future sister-in-law because we've been talking about a double date- movie date. That would be fun too. I am looking forward to the weekend.

In other non-related news I am scheduled for Lasik part deux. I had got through the whole rigamarole done before the holidays because i needed to find a doctor, find out if i am candidate, get my eyes checked, measured, etc and figure out costs so I can allot it through my flex spending account at work. I was on top of things. And i loved my doctor. Well, i got into the office on Monday to a message from my dr. office. I called back and the lady said he isnt doing Lasik anymore. WHAAT? just like that. No referral, no explanation, nothing. ANd just like that i was out in the cold. I have a feeling it might have had something to do with the economy, but luckily matt was able to find me another referred doctor at a separate place. The mid-west eye center-- and some of their equipment seems even more advance. AND i think i might get a discount from my insurance. It just sucks that i had everything ready to go, and the EXACT dollar amount elected in the my flex. But i am reschedule now. the stress has passed, the new date is February 6th.

Now just looking for another box to check.

TGIF!

1 comment:

EJH said...

That Lasik thing IS annoying!!!!