Thursday, May 17, 2012

And May is just the beginning

Things are ever so busy here in the N household, and as May is just the beginning of summer there is no end in sight. Lots of big changes happening but some little one's too. Good things I suppose, just lots of stuff to wade through.

This weekend we are having a cookout with some close friends at our house. We just invited select few to keep things simple (and cook fillets instead of burgers- yummy). I hope everyone has a good time.  I hope Nick goes down ok at the end of the night, that could make things a little hard.  But it will probably be the last time we host in our house. Because we are MOVING. Yes, we just started the process. We met with our realtor once already and are again tonight to discuss our list price. It will be a tough and uncomfortable transition as we prepare to move, but i think once we find a house and are settled-in it will be totally worth it. And it's something that must be done, we are out growing our house and it's busting at the seams. The change will be good too-- even though the commute to work with be tougher than ever, it will be nice to have space and also be closer to family.

I have other thoughts on moving but i wont elaborate here, in other interesting news I just signed us up to summer swim lessons starting in June.  On Saturday mornings we are going to Starfish swim classes and I am really excited about it. But in the true nature of summer, i just checked my schedule and the VERY first class I am in a wedding. Go figure.  I already feel bad about that, but it is what it is.  I cant wait to get out and do something fun with my little boy-- he is just such a joy and so much fun to be around.

We had a second play date yesterday with my good friend, S and her son who was born just three weeks before Nick. My sweet little boy definitely tried his hardest to make Jackson feel comfortable and happy considering Jackson is a little shy and scared around new people. We have more plans as the summer goes on, it will be neat to watch them grow up together. They will always be playmates at out friends gatherings. And I love it.

Memorial day weekend we have lots of family stuff on the docket-- a 50th anniversary party, a bachelorette party, and probably a cookout or two are in the works. I hope the weather is beautiful. I love this time of the year. The weather lately has been phenomenal, upper 70s and sunny. Hope that doesn't mean we are in for the hottest summer yet.  But we have the in-laws pool we can play in this summer and I am excited about that!

So yes, lots of things happening. And that's only May!

No comments: