Wednesday, December 8, 2010

And thus the beginning of December

Helloooooooooo December. My most favorite time of the year!  My christmas tree is up and decorated with bubblers and old style lights, my garland is up with lights and ornaments, and every place in my house i have touched with Christmas. Except for the fact that i feel like my house is so disorganized right now. Whenever we leave to go anywhere-- for just a COUPLE OF DAYS, -- it takes us forever to get back on track. and Matt does practically nothing unless asked. He doesnt mind tripping over his suite case for weeks after a trip. IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!

I am feeling a bit cynical this morning, i am not sure why. Perhaps its because i am SO sick of waking up so hot and stuffy at night. Or that i haven't slept well. Or that sometimes when i dwell on it i want my husband to be more motivated.  Or maybe it's a combination of other events happening concurrently right now.  i am not sure.  I am stressed out about finishing my Christmas shopping, and never feeling like i have any time!  I dont have time or the energy to work out lately, i know this is not productive.

I am hoping once i get my, you know what, i will have a new sense of calm. But until then....
Perhaps a small recap of life since November.

First, i went to NYC this past weekend to visit my sister. My parents were supposed to go as a mini family vacation but they got SUPER sick the week prior and cancelled their flights. We still had a good time though: we walked through central park, the Christmas market at Columbus Circle, window shopped on 5th Avenue, saw the Rockefeller Christmas tree, met up with matt's old roomate for drinks, toured the UN,  ate incredible meals, drank margueritas at 2 in the afternoon, visited the Guggenheim, and did some sleeping in. It was packed but also a fairly relaxing weekend.

This past Monday Matt and I met with with E and C for drinks after E's important doctors visit. It was unplanned but so fun to meet up with them.  We ended up going to PF Changs for dinner after dinner at the dive Pilot Inn. I never go there, E picked and it was kind of a treat for me. Well C decides it might be a good idea to order champagne, and thus we have a new Champagne Monday! How random.  We tend to eat 'french style' with those two, 4+ hour dinners with lots of drink and food.  It was a great start to the week, to start the week off with tons and tons of laughing. It makes me feel thankful at this time of the year to have such wonderful people in my life.

Tomorrow is my office Christmas party so i am looking forward to get out of work early. I need to get boat loads of stuff done and make a stop in at Fidelity (scary!). I need to make an ach transfer to pay for my very first new car. I am not talking much about it, i dont want the attention.  I haven't mentioned it to anyone really besides my immediate family because i feel a little hypersensitive about the whole thing. Thus this the end of that topic.

Things are starting to really slow down at work at this time of the year. I am getting complacent and i dont like that feeling. Starting next week i know fewer and fewer people will be in the office.  I have another Finance holiday party next week, as well as a free breakfast for everyone in office building. Ill take the good with the bad on this one.

I have not much more to write, and i dont want to be too synical on a wednesday.  Merry Christmas season to all. And happy Hanukkah to other:)

No comments: