Thursday, November 5, 2009

"Homey"

Where has the motivation gone to blog? I know i never was an everyday blogger by any means, but it was always something i wanted to do and tried to do at least a few times a week. Now i am lucky to post once a week, then it's once a month, then it's? The blogs i follow have fewer and fewer updates, i dont think it helps to the motivation over here. But alas, here I am searching for something to write about.

This week had been long but good in the fact that i have kept myself very busy. Every day after work i had something going on. Monday matt and I went on the hunt to find curtains (drapes?) for our windows downstairs. Our awesome previous owner took the window treatments that we are now finding out may have been custom made for the windows. The window in the front of the house is extra wide and the length to the floor is 90''. Standard length curtains are 84" and 95". UGH! AND the best part, the window is extra wide so nothing fits both across AND down. I reeeally want to make the house seem homey and do things to do it. Matt doesn't do ANYTHING unless it's motivated by me. Hanging pictures was like pulling teeth. And making the house homey is reeeallly something i need help with. I have no knack for decorating and setting things up or doing cute little things, i really have to be lead or inpired by something in a very structured way. I wish it was cheap to hire someone to do things for the house, but that aint gonna happen.

The rest of the week night were also fun. Tuesday night i went to half priced sushi with seabass, who also gave me a Xavier Basketball ticket to go with her and her grandpa and a few of his friends. It was a blast!! Plus, it was great bonding time with seabass who is one of my best friends. Last night I went to dinner and open mike night with J andA and a few others. Also a great time and I love hanging out with them. Tonight i might try to grab dinner and coffee with my sister-in-law, who knows. We are having our first dinner guests tomorrow night so i am going to cook something. I have NO idea! Plus i need to get some appetizers to eat too. Any good suggestions? Something that is tasty but not too complicated! this whole growing up thing is hard.....

Before I close, here a couple pictures from Halloween. Back to being a kid:







I was Flo from the Progressive Commercials and Matt was Balloon Boy.

1 comment:

ann ominous said...

ahahahaha great costumes!!!
i highly recommend the pioneer woman's blog for dinner suggestions :-)