Friday, November 28, 2008

Things I am thankful for

Well, I am in the office today and it is as silent as can be. I hear no one but the sounds of florescent lights and the soft hum the building's heating system. Silent. I am surprised the office is even open today with such lack of personnel. I am Acting Div. Director today, ME, ME? Come on now.

So in the spirit of thanksgiving (and inspired by her), I thought Id blog about the things I am thankful for this thanksgiving-- and 2008 as a whole. [ of course, in no particular order]

1). My wonderful family and all their love

2). My perfect boyfriend who adores me and I love more than anyone

3). My friends-- sometimes imperfect but love me the way the know how.

4) Odie-- I look at him every day and ask how did i get so blessed with such an adorable, sweet and loving dog.

5). Matt's family's presence in my life. They are so welcoming and loving, I feel as though they include me and look after me when my family is 200+ miles away.

6). My relationship with my team at work. They are all very bright people and we respect one another. And as the youngest member, I love and appreciate them looking out for me and treating me like a sister. It makes every work day a little better.

7) All the necessities: My functioning car, my beautiful apartment, my stable job, my (still) growing savings/investment accounts, the overall feeling of comfort and happiness I wake up with every day.

A very happy thanksgiving to everyone. AND A WONDERFUL START TO THE CHRISTMAS SEASON!!!!

No comments: