Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving 1 of 2

What a tiring week, but a great one too. Yesterday day I think my friends and I started another first annual tradition. Well, at least I hope it turns into a tradition. We had a Thanksgiving dinner at my place for 14. 14!! It was a taste of 'grown-up-hood' as we brought long tables in and folding chairs and put together a HUGE thanksgiving feast in my living room. Everyone brought a dish; we had a HUGE turkey and gravy, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn casserole, green bean casserole, salad, rolls, 2 kinds of sweet potatoes, cranberries, and probably more than I am forgetting. Everyone brought wine and there were like 8 bottles scattered all around the huge table. I think we polished off like 10 bottles all together.We were stuffed!! We even had pumpkin pies, chocolate cake and apple-cinnamon pie for dessert. I lit candles and the room looked unbelievable!!

HUGE success!

And the best part, everyone was FABULOUS and helped me clean up. One people, the MVP (aside from K who baked the turkey, gravy and ham) loaded all the plates and silverware and glasses into the dishwasher PERFECTLY and hand washed the bigger things to my kitchen was SPOTLESS! In fact, after I run a vacuum tonight my apartment will look great. It's all primed and read for me to set up my Christmas decorations on Sunday when I get back from Cleveland:)

Hopefully Matt will want to go pick out a Christmas tree with me on Monday after work!

cant wait to see my family this weekend!

Cant wait to eat thanksgiving food!

Cant wait to shop for Christmas!

Cant wait to bake cookies, and making gingerbread houses!

Cant wait to decorate! And Shop! And eat!

Everything is good.....

No comments: