Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tagged

So I havent posted at all this week because I keep hoping my Internet will work well enough to send some pics from Halloween weekend over to my email to upload them here. My Internet has been terribly flaky, and the one thing i wanted to post this week was pictures of Sarah and Todd Palin. Hopefully I will still get around to putting them up belatedly.

The week has been full of interesting and noteworthy events; The election would probably take the top of the list. And as much as I hate reading about the election and other people's opinions for all these months-- because I think I have dont a very good job of keeping my opinion to myself ( I can can toot my horn for a second) and it has NOT been easy. Like many Americans out there, I too have my own and very strong and personal opinions about who I think the next president should be(should have been). And as much as I am so proud to see someone of a different race and color stand up to the most important position in our government, it comes with a bit of a heavy heart. I am proud that this day in American History is here, and I am proud to see so many people come together in support of a man with a vision for our country, I am proud to be part of this very important era. But as much as I have enjoyed seeing that masses come together, I cant help but question the motives and the understanding driving this enormous ship. I personally have a vested interested in partisan economic philosophies which firmly plants me by the red elephant, with my own hopes and visions to be successful and to build success for my children's children. In my opinion,is the American dream. It just surprises me (a deeply concerns me) how many people believe that it is OK to take from people who have more than you? To take the hard earned money of those who have put the life into a business to make something of themselves and just give it to those who aren't doing much at all. How is this OK? From a girl who saw her father struggle and worked more than he slept to make his way, there are some fundamental reasons I feel the way I do. I have a hard time casting my beliefs to the side, and I believe monetary policy is an incredibly important reason for casting a vote. But like an American who does love her country, I will hope for the best and will going to stand behind the new president.

Now that I said my piece, I also want to mention how much I have truly enjoyed reading some of my new found friend's blogs. There are a few blogs that I read and check daily, two people who sometimes read mine and comment on here which brightens my day. They some how make me feel included and inspired, and have touched my heart in a lot of ways from their experiences. So with that, this girl (Musings) and this girl (Potimus Where) deserve some recognition. And also in the spirit of the TAG game:

Seven random tidbits about me:
1). I love every condiment, I have yet to meet a condiment that I haven't liked. It sounds weird, I still haven't figured out why I am not 100 lbs heavier.
2). I dont know how to cook, or I should say cook well. I am 25 years old and I hate how non-domesticated I am when I try so hard. I am working on this.
3). I used to play piano for 14 years of my life, I have nothing to show for it.
4). My sister runs marathons, works for a major news network, knows tons of interesting and important people and lives in New York City, I am so proud of her and how glamorous her life seems (even though she has some struggles).
5)My boyfriend has heart problems that he was born with, he has a pacemaker and is the only 25 year old I know that sees a cardiologists twice a year.
6) I find it so weird (an incredibly awkward) that my 80 year old grandma has hit the dating scene and talks about boys like a giddy 13 yr old whenever I see her. She has a boyfriend, he's wonderful, it makes me laugh whenever I talk about my "grandma's boyfriend."
7). I recently re-discovered Bubble Tea (AKA bobba tea). It's amazing, there are "bubbles" of tapioca in tea and it's probably the best drink you will ever try. I drive to very far places to find it, it's turned into a strange obsession in the last 6 months. Everyone should try it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

well...i too have kept politics off my site...mostly because i have seen the result when people have posted. but, i will tell you that i agree with you. my dad worked his butt off to be successful. he wanted so badly to be able to provide for his family that there were times we didn't see him that much.

when he got sick and we were going through the process of wills, etc., he was able to see that he had achieved his goal of being successful...but that he wasn't going to be able to enjoy it. his comfort was that he was able to provide for his family in the end. i took on the business. and i worked my butt off to make it successful. and to know that if i had kept going (even though i was not making anywhere near the income of what they say they are going to tax) that people would be benefiting from my hard work...even people that were not trying at all...that would have been a tough pill to swallow.

all i can say is that we will see where things go from here. that is all we can do! and that is probably the most i will post about politics in blog land.