Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September Update

Where to begin?

Lots of stuff going in my life yet its rather boring right now.

I went to Vegas last week. It was great, uneventful, productive, and even fun all wrapped into one work trip. Matt came out Wednesday night and we spent another 2.5 days out there... and spent a little too much money, but i think we both really enjoyed our time together. It was much needed. We justify the expenses as an anniversary present which is this weekend actually.

At work it's the calm before the year end storm that is quickly approaching. Things will get hectic and stressful again, i am ready November and holidays. October is always an enjoyable month though, i am looking forward to doing fall things like haunted houses, picking out pumpkins, apple cider, apple picking, carving pumpkins, wearing sweaters, campfires.... October is bound to move quickly too i know.

Last night i went to dinner with my coworker L and a mutual friend (we didnt realize we had thanks to facebook). I haven't seen this girl, EP, for 5-6 years in college. We went out on a spring break out to Appalachia to do a week of service together my junior year. It was a unbelievably memorable week, lots of good feelings and love. Spending the evening with her brought me back to my old college days where i did tons of service and great activities though UD campus ministry. We really had a 'help the world' mentality and it was so energizing. Being around her made me realize how much of that feeling has been lost over the years post college.... and it does make me a little solemn about it. EP has just moved to Cincinnati a couple weeks ago and lives and works in a homeless shelter and doesnt receive a paycheck. And this is only one of the multiple service organizations she has been a part of after graduation. Truly inspiring. And her energy reminds me so much of my best friend C, it's uplifting and contagious. I love it. I admire it.

Tomorrow i am seeing the first play of our Broadway season, South Pacific. I cannot wait to spend some time with J and A, its been a little too long. I miss them. It's a quick week, and Friday Thursday and Friday i have back to back dentist appointments. Who knows whats in store next.... just moving through. Until next time, here are a couple of songs i really like right now.




No comments: