Monday, September 27, 2010

Changed

One year ago yesterday was my wedding day.

We celebrate our anniversary yesterday and reflected back on what we were doing on year ago. Boy things have changed. I dont know what has or how it has but things sure get different with time. And should take this day to reflect on some things i am thankful for....
1) My loving husband who loves me more and more than the day we married
2) my family who still has their health
3) My in-laws who are so welcoming and loving
4) My beautiful nephews
5) A job that doesn't leave me stressed out at the end of each day
6) A really sweet dog that is always at my side
7) my health
8)a beautiful house
9) my close circle of friends who can always pick me up
10). The ability to appreciate the things i have

I was thinking about this weekend going home for the Browns/Bengals game with my friends. We were trying to decide to drive up friday or saturday. Saturday night until this year included dinner with my family and visiting grandma. It's weird because this saturday night there will be no more grandma visits. It's funny how much i still think about her now that she is gone, it's almost like i think about her more. Like now she really is an angel.... And it's strange how the sadness about her being gone kind of moves into a weird feeling of-- i dont know the word-- peaceful recollection. Like your memories are now in a box that you open up when I think of her. It's still a little sad but not kind I had right after she died. It's like routine I had with her when i was home is replaced by that memory box that i like to keep dusted off.

I am really happy these days. A lot of really great things i have to look forward to. And today seems like the start of fall. It's cooler today and it's been raining off and on-- for the first time in months. And it's definitely sweatshirt weather. I slept perfectly through the night last night and woke up in a good mood. I feel like cuddling up to a candle and some good tv tonight. Maybe ill get in a quick workout as matt and i want to kick off our own Biggest Loser Challenge. I hope we can do it.

I wanted to put a song on my blog so i think this song from Wicked is so fitting. Not only is it my favorite musical in the whole entire world, but i think the lyrics are just right. I have changed a lot in the past couple years, because of my husband and the people around me. And my grandma, who helped me become the person i am. So this fits all the people i love so much in my life. And those people that stood before me on the day one year ago... you make my life better just by being in it.

\

1 comment:

Ariel Wilson said...

This song always make me cry! My best friend and one of her other close friends sang it at her senior year cabaret, and it was the end of the year. It was so touching, I couldn't help crying! Love it.