Thursday, September 23, 2010

First day of Fall

Welcome Fall! One of my most favorite times of year (next to Christmas time). And today's high is 97 degrees. Yes, almost 100 degrees and that is in the shade. It's been an insanely hot summer this year with practically no rain it all. I rained yesterday afternoon for a brief 10-15 minutes but i think that was the first break in weeks. I am very much welcoming fall this year... if and when it actually comes.

I don't have a lot of plans this rest of the week, i am planning on seeing P and her new baby Oliver and maybe hangout with my nephews and family. Who knows what it in store. This Sunday is our one year wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe it had been that long already! It's been one up and down year, but i am looking forward to passing this milestone.

My parents come back from Italy tomorrow too, after being gone for 9 days. And the first trip in (20? some) years alone. And boy do they deserve it after all the stress over the months with my grandma and her stuff, and my dad and his insane work hours. The weeks leading up to this trip he worked multiple days of 24-36 hours straight of work. He needs the break and rest. It looked like had an absolutely magnificent time. I am looking forward to catching up with them.

Here is a picture my dad sent me in Venice from his phone on one of the first few days of their trip. I LOVE Italy!


I am leaving work early for a dentist appointment. Not a lot to say today... i am tired and haven't been sleeping well. Things are good. I am looking forward to a full weekend of rest. And probably putting up some fall decorations around my house... I love fall!

1 comment:

Ariel Wilson said...

I want your weather!!! It rained through late June and most of July and we didn't really have summer weather until August. Then it started raining again late August and all September. I hate the rain.