Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just another Tuesday

So what has been going on my life since the unbelievably sad week i had last week? I guess not a whole lot. Ive been thinking about my other friend J who is also having struggles with her dad's health as he is moving to a facility to take care of him with his advancing ALS. He is moving today, out of her childhood home, out, oy, my friends need to catch a break.

Nothing is going on in my life, i have been feeling like I can get a lot of my energy right now by doing things for others. It does feel selfishly good to be helpful; I slaved away for 2-3 hours on Sunday to make homemade lasagna and a chocolate chocolate chip cake my my sister-in-law and her family as they readjust to thier new arrival. Although i am not sure i will get much thanks for that. I also made some cake for matt's parents and they were BEYOND appreciative by how good it was, and it was pretty good if i do say so myself. In fact, i think it might be one of my all time favorite desserts. Saturday night i went up to Dayton to celebrate two wonderful friend's engagement... it was a great time. We went out to Mexican and then bowling-- which i haven't done in yeeeears. I bowled a huge 44!! But it was fun to spend time with that whole gang, and catch up with some who i dont get to see very often. they truly are some great friends.

This week I dont have much going on; I went over to E's to watch the Bachelor last night and catch up with her. That was nice. Tonight is LOST with matt (which i am also excited about), and then who knows what this week and weekend will have in store. I gave Matt the ultimatum that is he doesnt take action to buy a new computer by the end of this month I will... so we'll see how that goes this weekend.

It's been almost 5 months since we've been married and we still haven't given out photographer a few songs to put into our wedding video. we gotta do that this weekend. Got any good suggestions?

Lots of random thoughts, but i think i will close for right now. Just going to keep on swimming....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun post. It sounds like you are a GREAT cook! Wow. I envy that!

Songs for your wedding pictures?
I like Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden. I know that is like a million years old and probably not cool any more. Or how about Bryan Adams Everything I do?

I am so old : ) You don't want my ideas!

Glad I met you via SITS this morning.

I am Harriet said...

I haven't watched my video in years. Guess I'm not much help.

Stopping by from SITS to say hello.
Have a great day!
Harriet