Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A peaceful passing and a new beginning

I went. I went to NYC because I found out a couple hours before i left for the airport the services were going to held after i returned. I went, I felt sorry i wasn't in town when she called and texted me to hangout. But I dont think she was mad. I went to the visitation and the mass last night and it was beautiful. I cried a lot for K, her family and D. It was beautiful and just so sad. I am thinking about her constantly right now as i know in the next hour she is going to be burying her dad. I can only imagine how hard it's going to be for her and the family. K will probably never know how sick i feel not knowing how to be a good friend to her, or how to be helpful to her right now, i just never know what the right thing to do is. All you can do is pray.

As sad as all this is, there was a birth this weekend. Matt's brother and sister-in-law had a new baby. We visited in the hospital yesterday morning and he is beautiful. Mom and baby are both doing well. I got a little teary-eyed when i first saw him. What an emotional weekend.

It's ironic that today is the first day of Lent. I am going to mass again with matt for Ash Wednesday in about 1/2 hour. Hopefully my next post will be only brighter.

Rest in Peace D, may you live on forever in the hearts of your family. K is surely a reflection of you. Welcome home.
And to new baby, Ben.... cant wait to see what trials and triumphs await you. Life is fast.

No comments: