Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Time if flying

Time is just FLYING by! I think I have a semi-routine going for me and gosh, i swear routines only increase the speed. I like my routine, I like the comfort of it, and it's healthy in that it includes an exercise regimen, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday I get home from work, start fixing something for dinner and then head off to my rowing workout at 5:45 until somewhere before 7:15-7:30. Get home, eat dinner, and around 8-9ish start winding down with an hour or two of TV, get a shower, and go to bed. I love it. It's comfortable, i am relaxed, I get a workout in, I have time to eat a good dinner, spend some time with matt, and then vedge out without anything on my mind. In fact, i look forward to it most days.

The problem is sometimes I worry if i missing other things too much. A lot of my friends still meet up with each other at the bars on weekends, during the week even. For me, I just have NO interest anymore. Not that I don't want to see my friends, I am just SO sick of sitting at bars. I hate the crowded ones because I hate getting bumped, and the NOT crowded ones just seem boring like why would I want to be here when I could be back at my place. Or why do i need to be at a bad talking to my friends? PLUS, I don't drink that much because I don't like beer and why do i need to waste these empty calories when I am working hard to be healthy and be in shape for this summer and the wedding. Some days I just feel like time is going to fast and I am missing things. How do i help this feeling? Sometimes i wish my friends would join my workout routine during the week. Or maybe we do something OTHER than going to the bars on the weekend. I need something to change-up here, but not in my routine? It makes no sense to me....

The more I realize it my wedding is going to be here before I know it. I am finally starting to enjoy the planning process. And reading and the searching for ideas.... it's true, this is the one time i'll ever get to plan something like this so i might as well enjoy it. I like reading up on traditions, and look up bridal accessories, and finding cute gifts to give to my wedding party...the little things I love. Planning the big stuff wasn't fun, the details are whats fun.

Now i am looking forward to warm weather, more sun, longer days.... chances are my routine will change. But hopefully it wont feel like time is going any faster.

No comments: