Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lasik and other musings on the economy

I have been hesitant to post because a lot is going on in my family but I feel reluctant to post for privacy purposes. It has everything to do with the economy and nothing to do with health and well being of those close people close to me. The proverbial 'other shoe' dropped last week in the realization that the economy is exactly as gloom and doom as news reports. It is much scarier than I would have thought, and effecting people I would have never thought it would effect.

I have a lot of other thoughts on the mechanics of this recession/depression/economic downtown/market crisis...whatever you want to call it. And a lot of thoughts on Obama's solutions to it. Actually a LOT of thoughts..... especially about his three quarters of trillion dollar Stimulus plan!? Excuse me, where is this money coming from? How much more in-debt do we need to be? How can the government spent like this and still not want to increase taxes? Why is the government getting bigger? and WHY IS OBAMA MAKING EVERYONE TURN AGAIN THE SMALL BUSINESS??? Doesn't anyone realize that Mr. Small Business is the GOOD guy? Mr. Small Business creates jobs, Mr. Small Business enhances the cash flow within the economy, Mr. Small Business encourages competition equalling better quality and efficiency, Mr. Small Business is the American dream describing self-reliance and free will in a free market-- MR SMALL BUSINESS IS THE FOUNDATION OF OUR ECONOMY STRUCTURE!!! That is, until now... with the possible a trillion (yes, a trillllion) new dollars going to government initiatives and government contracted positions, and government government government....

It's down right spooky.

(even if we may see our budget-- just in my line of work-- essentially double)

But, i digress. I, of course, do not want my blog to turn political. I hate politics. In fact, i only expected my rant in the above paragraph to be tangential to how i feel about how economy is effecting my life. Personally effecting my life and those around me. But perhaps if i do it will just stir up unwanted and not-productive feelings about our current situation. And evidently, is hard to discuss.

So I shall talk about my THIRD refraction and eye appointment in the last 4-5 months. The first was when i needed to buy new glasses. The second obviously was my first Lasik consultation with the doctor that cancelled on me. And last night, the Mid West Eye Center. I am ready to go for Lasik on Friday. YES, FRIDAY!!!! I am going with and all laser procedure-- one that is different that my original procedure-- in that it is bladeless and a laser will actually be making the cut in my cornea. Honestly, just talking about the procedure gets me squeamish... and the after effects like burning, blood shot and dry eyes dont exactly give me something to look forward to either. But i am thrilled of the prospects of never using glasses, walking down the isle with no eye correction, and possibly seeing better than I have ever seen before! I am SO nervous, but it will all be over Friday afternoon. Ill have to post about my experience next week.

No new updates on the wedding front. I am seriously lacking motivation--- what should my priorities be right now?

Hopefully after my surgery that is consuming my thoughts right now is over, i can start getting back into the swing of things. A lot of stuff going on, but im still swimming.....

1 comment:

Heather said...

i believe the economy will get better...we go through recessions...it has just been a while since we did, and one this bad. it is just going to take some time.

i can't say i agree with how they are spending money. i haven't from the beginning of the whole thing. giving it to banks, who put us in the spot in the first place, etc. glad to know that most of the rich are still rich, while middle-class are struggling to stay afloat...

i personally think they need to give it to the people...who if they have money, will then be more likely to spend it. but perhaps, that is just too simple a solution...