Monday, June 15, 2015

Quotable Post

So I have this idea that I want to paint wonderful, inspiring, and loving quotes on the walls  to bring happiness and joy into my kids room. Quotes from famous people, spiritual teachers, and just wonderful words that I think have meaning. I heard 'quotables' and I never write them down, and when you actually go and look for such quotes you can never find them. They come when you are not looking for it. The thought behind this is to have something for the kids to read in those moments, and the right words always seem to find you when you need it the most. Words that you can live by, and wouldn't it be wonderful to have some of the first words you can read-- likely the ones painted hugely all over your bedroom walls-- be words that matter. When you are lying in bed before you fall asleep, or just resting before you get in up the morning. Words that will inspire you, rebuild you, lift you up, make a different in your life and others.  It's a simple thing to do, that can appear ever so minor, but matter when perhaps it really needs to matter.


People who know me know I am not crafty, I don't do party themes, I don't do monograms around my house-things- kids clothes, I don't do 'cutesty' projects around my house. Maybe I justify it with my practicality, I tend to use the time spent creating such "things" and use it towards investing in people. The bottom line is we wont need things, things are just things. And in my house, I want an environment where "WE" matter most not what we have. There will always be things we don't have or want to have, but we all know we wont be happier once we have it. We are happiest when we aren't thinking about what we dont have, but in the moment we are in and the people we are with.  I want the home to be the 'home' and just that.  A place where you can be you, be loved unconditionally, and just be.   I want my kids to grow up knowing they can be whatever they want to be. But what I want most for them is to love themselves, and be kind to themselves, and know they can be whatever it is they are.  Because I want them to be happy in whatever it is they do. I want them to grow and flourish and become good citizens. I want them to be stewards of this earth to create good, even if it is in the smallest place.  I want them to find happiness no matter where they are, and hopefully a little piece of 'home'  will always be with them. It will always be in their heart. Just like the true meaning of the Wizard of Oz, you will always be wearing those red slippers and to know you are wearing them and they are with you no matter where the yellow brick road takes you.


I say every day to my husband and boys how much I love them. I tell them they are so important to me, and they I am so lucky to get to be their mom (and my husband's wife).  I know they are wonderful people, they inspire me, they create me, they make me want to be a better person. I know I can be a role model for them, but they are also one for me.  I see their hearts in everything they do,  and frankly when I think of the wondrousness of that it makes me want to weep.   They are the people that give my life meaning, they are they ones that fill me up when I am feeling half empty, they are the ones that can make me feel vulnerable, they are the ones that propel me in this world.   If I can build upon a piece of their hearts that can make them feel worthy, and loved, and respected then then that in turn will go back out into the world.  It is easy to be kind when your heart is peaceful.  You are kinder to yourself.  When you believe in yourself you are more likely to succeed. Believing you matter and you belong in the space you in. And you can change the space you are in just by being there. You can create any space you want, and the energy it provides.  You are the light no matter where you are.  And I am so grateful for having it in my life. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.




" Remember you are the ONE who can fill the WORLD with Sunshine" - Snow White
" If there is light in your heart, you will find your way home" - Rumi

No comments: