Monday, June 8, 2015

Dear Nick and Chris-- Months 42 and 18

Dear My Most favorite little people in the whole world Nick and Chris,


Since your birthdays are just two weeks apart I figured I would start combining my letters to you. Not because you don't deserve your own individual attention to regard all your abilities, victories, awesomeness, but because being together also makes you perfectly wonderful as well. You guys spend a LOT of time together,  you are interwoven into each other's lives and have unlimited influences on each other.  I am not sure where to start.


Aside from the fact that whenever you are not with each other, you both ask where the other is. Chris says a lot of words but saying "nick" was one of the first he formed.  You love to chase each other around, play hide and seek, steal each other's toys, swing together, slide together, play t-ball in the backyard together,  if it can be done simultaneously you both are doing it together. I know you don't realize how much you rely on each other, but you will. Your bond is unique and special, and seeing you both interact makes me prouder than anyone on the face of the planet.


Chris has so many traits and characteristics that I saw in Nick when he was the same age. It's kind of remarkable, and when I only have him around I sort of feel like I am time traveling. His love of playing with balls and joy of Mickey is endless. Just like it was for Nick. Now we just have to add snoopy to the mix, he's your favorite little guy to snuggle with. Although you call him "poopy," and it's insanely adorable. Nick always calls you out though, " you are saying a potty word." Just yesterday we started working on your "s' sounds, so in like fashion, now you say "sssssss. Poopy!"   insert large swoon here. I cant handle the cuteness.


There are so many down right adorable things chris does right now. The newness of everything is incredible to watch. You are both adventurous, reserved, and laid back all at the same time.  You love to see new place and experience new things, but you love to be with mommy, and have a sound sense for danger. But also go with the flow in just about all occasions. Remarkably actually. A perfect example is just yesterday morning as I was getting up with you both, I noticed my phone was almost dead since it was sitting in rice overnight to potentially dry out any damage it might have incurred when you conveniently started dunking it in your water table the night before during dinner outside. Luckily it seemed to be in working order, just with a grain of rice lodged perfectly in the hole for the charger. I was flustered,  daddy was flustered at me, and I was multi-tasking not realizing you were sitting on the table with an unopened yogurt and no spoon. For minutes actually while I flailed around the kitchen like a chicken with its head cut off.  But you sat patiently, not yelling, not screaming, just sitting there saying "spoon" "spoon" spoon" multiple times hoping to be heard by SOMEONE.  You, my little one, are amazing! That story personifies you perfectly. Gosh, I could learn so much from  YOU!


Your word count is past countable. You say more words now than I can begin recalling. And even put 2-3 word sentences together now.  You are very vocal, and sing now too.  You are a great sleeper and I catch you in your crib in the morning just chatting away to poopy or singing. It makes my heart sing listening to you.  You love to swing, you love to dance, you love music, you love to be outside, you love being around people who love you. But you are still hesitant about swimming-- luckily the summer is young.


And hopefully brother Nick can inspire you to get the pool. Being active and athletic appears to be one of Nick's strengths.  You have always been great with throwing and catching balls, you seems to be pretty good at blast ball this summer, running fast is something you excel in too. Literally.  You have a good sense of where your body is and sense of awareness. It impresses me.  However team sports still require a sense of humility that probably doesn't develop until after 3.5 years old ;-).  You are one VERY skinny kid, sometimes there are days you hardly eat anything and you have more energy to fill a baseball stadium. I don't know how you do it, but after swimming you tend to get SO cold so quickly. Poor little dude.


Not only are your thriving physically, you are also developing emotionally and mentally as well. I have a good feeling that you will be an early reader. You know all your letters and numbers, and you seem to really pick up on concepts well. Putting letter sounds together, associating numbers with meanings, and even have a concept of the clock and time. I think  these things are advanced for your age.  You really make us proud all the time with the things you say.  I often am shocked with your understanding of emotions as well, you are a very sensitive kid right now. And it's beautiful.


Aside from the fact that I think you both are probably the cutest kids ever put on the planet, I do want to document some stats for you both.


Detail                  Nick                              Chris
Weight                 ~35lbs +                       ~30lbs +
Height                   ~40 in                           ~33 in
Teeth                      20 (full mouth)              12-13 (haven't counted in a while)
Favorite food          hot dogs, chicken          yogurt, spaghetti,
                                nuggets, yogurt              cereal, sesame butter
                                Chipotle

No comments: