Monday, June 30, 2014

I really love my boys

Being a Mommy of my two boys is the best job and privilege in the entire world.  I always tell myself to stop for a second to admire all the wonderful things about them at this age…. And I know there are just countless things, but I seriously just cannot believe how freakin awesome those two boys are. And how there isn’t a single day that goes by that they both don't out do themselves with their incredibleness, sweetness, adventurousness, intelligence and skill.  So since I can never capture it all, here is just a few of my favorite things about them from this weekend. (in no particular order)

Nick:
-You always want to dance…. No matter where you are. You just want to get up and just move all those limbs and shake it and it cannot be any cuter.  Or hilarious.
- Like any happy person you wander around this world always carrying a tune. Sittin in the backseat, playing with the train, or just straight up wanting me to harmonize with you—you got a song in your back pocket all the time.
- Your endless hugs and kisses. And no hug is without a kiss to follow it up.
- You have the memory of elephant. Really you remember EVERYTHING. And we always underestimate what you know, and you can always put 2 and 2 together.
- You are adventurous and curious, yet cautious and mindful of your own body and others. Really, you amaze me for a two year old.
- Watching you play with your friends and cousins. Like this weekend as you ran back and forth with your friend Gus throwing rocks in the pond laughing and having the best time ever. You are quintessential

Chris:
-The way you gaze into our eyes with this looks like “ WOW, you are really here, how can I possibly be this lucky.” I always think you have such an old soul, you are so full of love
-How squeezable you are, and huggable and kissable.
-Your haptic nature and your ability to explore the world around you. The way you reach and handle almost everything just seems so advanced, it amazed me watching you in action.
-How content you are in general… as long as someone is with you. Life is pretty darn good.
-Your love for your brother, you are enamored by him and  can.not.get.enough.
-You can practically feed yourself, you can pull the spoon into your mouth, grab and eat almost on your own. How it is possible and you are only 7 months


No comments: