Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thinking about Christmas... and other random thoughts this week.

It seems like every time I update this thing I always seem to comment on how quickly time goes by.  But it sure does feel that way.... where to begin since the last post?

Things have been busy- as usual-- finishing the last touches on the nursery. It's about 95% complete-- minus a few more things to add to a couple walls, and little but of organization from the old 'office' that the room previously was, and that's probably about it.  By demand, here is one of the pictures I snapped last weekend. You can see the bedding and the furniture to give you a feel for what it looks like.


Our good friends J and S had their baby boy last weekend- a baby boy born right on his due date!! She has been my little rock as we have experienced almost our entire pregnancy's together. It's been great, and now that she had her baby i know what is in store for me. I am SO excited for them, and I think about them every day because i cant wait to meet the new little one and talk to S.  I am preparing things at work for my time away, it's surreal to me how little time there is left before the baby gets here. I feel like there is always something i want to get done-- like Christmas shopping and decorating-- but the motivation in that department seems to be lacking quite a bit. It would be nice to be on 'wait-mode' come December without a laundry list of things to do.  Christmas- ordinarily my all time favorite holiday-- seems daunting this year.  I love to feel  Christmas, I love to listen to Christmas music, look at holiday lights, feel cheerful, give great presents, snuggle up to my Christmas tree light.... i love it all. But I feel a little overwhelmed by it this year... and my spirit of giving seems less present. I dont know why that is.... i just want to hangout at home with my new little family of 3 this Christmas and relax by the Christmas tree light. Without a laundry list of things to do, presents to wrap, people to entertain.... i wish i felt differently. Or at least i hope this feeling fades in the next week or so... i guess we will see.

I am overall very happy though, and filled with all kinds of emotions right now. Anxiousness, excitement, curiosity, trepidation, love, appreciation, o the list goes on. I am ever more appreciating those wonderful people in my life-- especially those that have been so supportive and loving throughout this pregnancy. I loved seeing a whole slew of our friends last weekend for J's little party for his MBA, i love seeing my in-laws, or the random breakfast outings with friends at Echo. I love feeling the excitement of those wonderful friends.... it's a great feeling.  I am getting better at losing thoughts of those 'old' friends that are hardly present in my life-- if at all-anymore.  And trying not to let other- not-so-great friends get in the way of my positive and good feelings. It reminds me of those few lesson's i posted about back in March here. Life is too short to waste time with people like that... there just isn't enough time in world for it. Fill yourself with goodness and surround yourself with people that make you better (and visa versa).  Those lesson's need to be taught to others sometimes-- remember that love and trust and two very important pillars in any relationship. Without which, there are better investments for your time....

Until there are other things to discuss...

1 comment: